If your child has ever considered joining a swim team, Creekside is the perfect place to get them involved. With fantastic coaches and a friendly and welcoming team, the Creekside Swim Team offers a supportive environment to improve swimming skills, gain confidence, and grow sportsmanship - all while having a great time!
Swim Team Information
Creekside is in the "C" Division of the Delco Swimming and Diving League.
May 28 - June 21 (From the day after Memorial Day through the last week of school):
- 3:30-4:30pm M-F Kids in middle/high School
- 4:30-5:30pm M-F Kids in elementary school
June 24 - July 26 (Once summer begins, for the remaining season):
- 8:00-9:00am M-F Kids 10 and under
- 9:00-10:15am M-F Kids 11 and over
(See schedule under "Documents" for exact dates/times)
- JV (swimmers 12 and under):
- Wednesday evenings 6-8pm (warm-up @ 5:30pm)
- Varsity (ALL swimmers):
- Saturday mornings 9am-noon (warm-up @ 8am)
COST (BONDED FAMILIES)
- Age 5-8: FREE (NEW FOR 2019!)
- Age 9+: $80 per swimmer, up to $200 per family
COST - SWIM TEAM ONLY MEMBERSHIP (NON-BONDED FAMILIES)
- NEW FOR 2019!
- $200 per child (ages 5 and up)
- Provides access to the pool for swim team related events only (e.g. practices, swim meets)
- Swim Team Only members are not bonded members and will pay non-member rates for any other pool activities/events (e.g. movie nights, etc.)
IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2019
- May 19 Interest Meeting
- May 28 Swim team tryouts
- June 14 Time trials
- June 21 Team pictures (bring your checkbook if you want to order pictures!)
- July 28 Meet of Champs (hosted at Creekside!)
- July 28 Swim team banquet
Thanks for a great year!
- Girls - Dolfin Reliance Women's Genesis V-Back One Piece, from $39.60-$66.00, depending on size
- Boys - Dolfin Reliance Boy's Genesis Spliced Jammer, from $27.95-$46.00, depending on size
- C & M Sporting Goods - 1305 West Chester Pike, Suite 30, Havertown PA 19083
How long is the swim team season?
- The swim team season goes from the day after Memorial Day through the end of July.
How much of a time commitment is the swim team?
- Practices: Plan on your child attending a 1-hour practice every weekday after school (until school lets out), and then every weekday morning (for the rest of the season).
- Meets: In addition to swim practices, there are JV swim meets (for kids 12 and under) on Wednesday evenings, and Varsity swim meets (for all kids) on Saturday mornings. Swim meets start in late June and go through the end of July.
My child isn't that great of a swimmer, and they don't know all the strokes. Should they join?
- Yes! The most wonderful aspect of swim team is the consistent practices and instruction you get from our wonderful coaches, turning your kids into strong swimmers!
How does my child get on the swim team?
- Your child needs to be able to swim one length of the pool without struggling ('big' arms, face in the water). After that, the coaches will take it from there!
- If you child does not qualify for the team, they may be placed on the "Pre-Team" where they will get additional instruction and the opportunity to try out for the team again after a few weeks.
What are the end-of-season championships?
There are three end-of-season championships:
- Division Champs: The Delco Swim League is made up of three divisions (A, B, C). "Champs" is a meet made up of the top two swimmers (over the season) from each club in their Division. The top two winners from each event move on to the "Meet of Champs."
- Meet of Champs: This meet is made up of the top two winners from each of the Division Champs meets (from ALL swim clubs in the league: A, B, and C). Approximately 16 swim clubs participate. The top two winners from this meet go on to the Elite Meet.
- Elite Meet: This is the final meet of the season, and is made up of the top two swimmers from each event from the Meet of Champs.
Creekside celebrating their 'C' Division Champs win in 2015!
2019 Swim Meet Dates & Results
Current Standing: TBA
DATE TEAMS RESULTS
VAR 6/22 (Sat) Primos Secane @ Creekside
JV 6/26 (Wed) NO MEET - BYE WEEK
VAR 6/29 (Sat) Creekside @ Riddlewood
JV 7/3 (Wed) Riddlewood @ Creekside
VAR 7/6 (Sat) Folcroft @ Creekside
JV 7/10 (Wed) Knowlton @ Creekside
VAR 7/13 (Sat) Creekside @ Clifton Heights
JV 7/17 (Wed) Creekside @ Folcroft
VAR 7/20 (Sat) Aldan @ Creekside
JV 7/24 (Wed) Creekside @ Primos Secane
7/27 (Sat) Division Champs @ Aldan
7/28 (Sun) Meet of Champs @ CREEKSIDE!
7/30 (Tues) Elite Meet @ TBA
Swim Team Coaches
Mike Harmon joins Creekside from Widener University where he is currently the assistant swim coach. Mike has coached for a number of swimming programs including the Chambersburg YMCA and the Moss Spring Swim Club. He has also coached at the West Point, Naval Academy, Shippensburg University and Mercersburg Academy swim camps. Mike graduated from Gettysburg College where he was a 12-time NCAA All-American and held 10 school records at the time of graduation.