If your child has ever considered joining a swim team, Creekside is the perfect place to get them involved. With fantastic coaches and a friendly and welcoming team, the Creekside Swim Team offers a supportive environment to improve swimming skills, gain confidence, and grow sportsmanship - all while having a great time!
Swim Team Information
Creekside is in the "C" Division of the Delco Swimming and Diving League.
From the day after Memorial Day until the last day of school:
- 3:30-4:30pm M-F Middle/High School
- 4:30-5:30pm M-F Elementary School
Once summer begins (for the remaining season):
- 8:00-9:00am M-F 10 and under
- 9:00-10:15am M-F 11 and over
(See schedule under "Documents" for exact dates/times)
- JV (swimmers 12 and under):
- Wednesday evenings 6-8pm (warm-up at 5:30pm)
- Varsity (ALL swimmers):
- Saturday mornings 9am-noon (warm-up at 8am)
- $80 per swimmer, up to $200 per family
IMPORTANT DATES - TBA for 2019
- Tuesday, 5/28/19 - Swimteam tryouts
- _____Time trials
- _____Make-up time trials
- _____Team pictures (bring your checkbook if you want to order pictures!)
- _____Meet of Champs (hosted at Creekside!)
- _____Swim team banquet
C & M Sporting Goods:
- 1305 West Chester Pike, Suite 30, Havertown PA 19083
- Online at https://creekside18.itemorder.com/sale
Thanks for a great year!
How long is the swim team season?
- The swim team season goes from the day after Memorial Day through the end of July.
How much of a time commitment is the swim team?
- Practices: Plan on your child attending a 1-hour practice every weekday after school (until school lets out), and then every weekday morning (for the rest of the season).
- Meets: In addition to swim practices, there are JV swim meets (for kids 12 and under) on Wednesday evenings, and Varsity swim meets (for all kids) on Saturday mornings. Swim meets start in late June and go through the end of July.
My child isn't that great of a swimmer, and they don't know all the strokes. Should they join?
- Yes! The most wonderful aspect of swim team is the consistent practices and instruction you get from our wonderful coaches, turning your kids into strong swimmers!
How does my child get on the swim team?
- Your child needs to be able to swim one length of the pool without struggling ('big' arms, face in the water). After that, the coaches will take it from there!
- If you child does not qualify for the team, they may be placed on the "Pre-Team" where they will get additional instruction and the opportunity to try out for the team again after a few weeks.
What are the end-of-season championships?
There are three end-of-season championships:
- Division Champs: The Delco Swim League is made up of three divisions (A, B, C). "Champs" is a meet made up of the top two swimmers (over the season) from each club in their Division. The top two winners from each event move on to the "Meet of Champs."
- Meet of Champs: This meet is made up of the top two winners from each of the Division Champs meets (from ALL swim clubs in the league: A, B, and C). Approximately 16 swim clubs participate. The top two winners from this meet go on to the Elite Meet.
- Elite Meet: This is the final meet of the season, and is made up of the top two swimmers from each event from the Meet of Champs.
Creekside celebrating their 'C' Division Champs win in 2015!
2018 Swim Meet Dates & Results
Current Standing: 2 Wins, 2 Losses
DATE TEAMS RESULTS
VAR 6/23 (Sat) Creekside @ Ridley Twp N/A - Crossover Meet
JV 6/27 (Wed) Creekside @ Clifton Heights N/A
VAR 6/30 (Sat) Ridley Park @ Creekside L (300-164)
JV 7/5 (THUR) Riddlewood @ Creekside N/A
VAR 7/7 (Sat) Clifton Heights @ Creekside W (158-282)
JV 7/11 (Wed) Brookhaven @ Creekside N/A
VAR 7/14 (Sat) Creekside @ Riddlewood W (276-127)
JV 7/18 (Wed) Aldan @ Creekside N/A
VAR 7/21 (Sat) Creekside @ Aldan L (204-244)
JV 7/25 (Wed) Bye Week N/A
7/28 (Sat) Division Champs @ Clifton Heights
7/29 (Sun) Meet of Champs @ CREEKSIDE!
7/31 (Tues) Elite Meet @ Ridley Park
Meet of Champs - Hosted at Creekside
Swim Team Coaches
I began swimming for Creekside when I was seven years old and I swam for the team for nine years.
I have been on the Creekside coaching staff for four years now. In 2012, I was asked to be an assistant coach. I coached for two years, then I swam my last year of eligibility in 2013. Since then, I have been a coach along with Jamie.
I recently graduated from York College of Pennsylvania with an early childhood education degree. I swam all four years at York and was also the captain of the men's swim team my final year there. My specialty strokes were breaststroke and IM (individual medley) so I had the opportunity to practice each stroke and learn new techniques to make myself faster in the pool.
I have been a part of the Creekside family for a long time and I look forward to returning and helping this year's team succeed. We are going to have a great season and I'm excited to work with each of my Creekside swimmers!
I spent 10 of my childhood summers swimming for Creekside Swim Club. When I was 20, I joined the coaching staff at Creekside and have been part of the team for the past 5 summers. In 2015, I graduated from West Chester University with a degree in Early Education and Special Education. During the off-season, I spend my days teaching elementary students in the Ridley School District.