Creekside Swim Club
Welcome to Creekside!
2020 SUMMER FEE
Summer 2020 Fee
Please pay your 2020 Summer Fee by June 15 to lock-in your 2021 rates (see 5/24 Update for more details).
$60 per person on your family's membership
To pay your 2020 Summer Fee:
Mail: PO Box 133, Wallingford PA, 19086
May 24, 2020
Dear Creekside Members,
The Creekside Board continues to meet to discuss plans for summer. We recognize that the situation is continuously changing, and so we are trying to plan for multiple scenarios. As a result, there is a lot of information to share with you today.
SWIM TEAM SEASON CANCELED
You may have already heard, but due to all of the uncertainty, the delay in pool openings, and the many logistics involved, the Delco Swimming and Diving League has canceled the 2020 swim team season. Many of us are heartbroken about this development, but we understand why the League made this choice and feel it was the right thing to do.
WAITING FOR GREEN
We continue to follow guidance from the state and local officials and still feel that we cannot open until Delco moves into the GREEN phase. We understand that we can technically open in yellow if we were to implement very strict guidelines. However, upon reviewing what the CDC has recently shared, we do not feel that we can implement (and enforce) those guidelines in a way that allows our members to fully utilize and enjoy Creekside while still being safe.
It is important to understand that if the pool does not open this summer, we still have fixed costs to cover. The most essential costs include taxes, insurance, and very minor upkeep (like cutting the grass). These essential costs add up to $40,000.
2020 SUMMER FEE (TO COVER ESSENTIAL COSTS)
In order to cover these essentials costs we need every member to pay a $60/PERSON 2020 SUMMER FEE.
- This fee is for each person on your family's membership. (For example, if you have a 3-person membership, you will need to pay $180.)
- Paying this fee will NOT be a credit towards next year’s (2021) membership.
- If you have not already paid your 2020 membership, please pay your 2020 Summer Fee now.
- If you have already paid your 2020 membership, we will take the 2020 Summer Fee from your payment. (For example, if you have a 3-person membership, and you have already paid your $600, we will deduct $180 for the 2020 Summer Fee).
- If we do open this summer, the fee will be applied towards THIS SUMMER’S membership (or credited back to your membership if you have already paid).
- If we do not open this summer, any amount you have paid over the 2020 Summer Fee will be credited to 2021.
LOCK-IN NEXT SUMMER’S RATE BY JUNE 15
Asking you to pay a fee now is difficult with all of this uncertainty. But as with many businesses in our community, we fully expect that this summer will cause financial strain on the pool for some time. As a result, we expect that we will need to raise our rates next summer to cover our costs. However, we have this to offer: If you pay your 2020 Summer Fee by JUNE 15, you will LOCK-IN the 2020 membership rates for the 2021 season!
- For example, if you have a 3-person family (who normally pays a $600 membership), and you pay your $180 2020 Summer Fee by June 15, when rates go up in 2021 you will be charged the 2020 $600 membership rate.
- You will receive this lock-in rate whether or not we open in 2020 as long as you have paid your 2020 Summer Fee by June 15.
- If you have already paid your membership in full for this summer, you will be automatically granted the lock-in rate and we will deduct your 2020 Summer Fee from your membership. You do not need to do anything more.
PRORATED RATES (IF WE OPEN THIS SUMMER)
If we do open this summer, we will offer a prorated membership rate based on how many weeks we are able to be open.
- This prorated rate will be based off of the full-season membership rate.
- Partial membership options will not be available like we normally do.
- Rates will be announced when we know we are opening.
- As noted above, your 2020 Summer Fee will be applied towards this summer’s membership.
- If you have already paid in full (over the prorated amount), we will credit next summer with any remaining balance.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
We know these are hard times, and it may seem difficult to pay pool fees without the benefit of going to the pool, but we need your support now more than ever so that we can open as soon as Delco moves to green, or be in a position to open next season without being $40,000 in debt. If you are willing to donate any more above the 2020 Summer Fee (such as donating your entire 2020 membership), we welcome anything you can offer.
We greatly appreciate your support and deeply thank you. Creekside loves its members and we want to open as soon as it’s safe to do so. We will continue to update you as the situation changes, and we appreciate your support so that Creekside can be a part of your summers.
The Creekside Board
May 5, 2020
Dear Creekside Members,
We hope that everyone is safe and healthy at home during these extraordinary times. We wanted to take a moment to provide an update to you.
Governor Wolf has recently set up a plan for re-opening Pennsylvania which you can read more about here (https://www.governor.pa.gov/process-to-reopen-pennsylvania/). The main takeaway is that PA will be operating on a Red/Yellow/Green phase system. Currently, Delaware county is in the RED phase.
In reading the guidelines for each phase, it looks like Delaware County will need to be in the GREEN phase in order for Creekside to open, as the both the RED and YELLOW phases prohibit large gatherings. I'm sure you can understand that while members may attempt to social distance themselves on pool grounds, it will be logistically impossible for us to keep kids more than 6 feet away from each other, both in and out of the pool. For that reason, we feel that we must wait until we reach GREEN.
The biggest unknown in all of this is that there is no way to predict when we will get to the GREEN phase. We are eternally hopeful that it will be soon enough that we can salvage some of the summer, and we stand ready to begin opening procedures when we see that we are close to reaching the GREEN phase.
As a result of these unknown circumstances, Creekside may have to alter our current membership options so that we have enough income to operate if/when we do open. For example, if we are only able to open in August, we will not be able to offer "August-only memberships" at the rates currently posted. We will provide information to members on pricing changes as soon as we know when we can open.
We sincerely want to open the pool as soon as possible to give all of our families the needed relaxation that Creekside offers, but you and your family's safety is our priority and we will only open when it is safe to do so. We hope that you understand.
We will continue to update you as soon as we have new information.
The Creekside Board
April 10, 2020
Dear Creekside Members,
We wanted to reach out to you with an update, as we are sure you are all wondering when Creekside will open.
The Board has been busy in the background making plans to open, but we must first be sure that it is safe to do so. As a result, we are monitoring local and national health recommendations, and intend to follow their guidelines as closely as possible.
With the recent announcement that schools are closed for the rest of the academic year, we may not be able to open at our originally planned date of Memorial Day weekend. As to when exactly we will open, we must first wait for the all-clear for when it is safe for groups to gather.
Meanwhile, we are actively watching the changing developments and will send out another update when there is new information to share. Also, please follow our Facebook page for updates there.
Please be safe and we will all get through this national crisis. We know that our members greatly value the relaxation and socializing opportunities that Creekside offers, and we are doing everything we can to open when it is safe to do so.
Please reach out to us at email@example.com if you have any individual concerns.
The Creekside Board
LOCATION AND HOURS
Until WSSD schools let out:
- Mon-Thurs: 4pm - 8pm
- Fri: 4pm - 9pm
- Sat: Noon - 9pm
- Sun: Noon - 8pm
After WSSD schools let out:
- Sun - Thurs: Noon - 8pm
- Fri - Sat: Noon - 9pm
Creekside is located at the corner of Media Pkwy and Moore Rd in Wallingford PA 19086.
CREEKSIDE IS CLOSED UNTIL DELCO MOVES TO THE "GREEN" PHASE.
PO Box 133, Wallingford PA 19086