One of his research papers was in the Top 4 FINALISTS for BEST BUSINESS ETHICS PAPER category in the Social Issues in Management Division of the ACADEMY OF MANAGEMENT (AOM) Annual Meeting in 2020. His PhD thesis was the WINNER of the Padma Bhushan Jagdish N. Sheth BEST THESIS Award 2019; an award jointly given by Jagdish Sheth Foundation and BIMTECH. He was also awarded the BEST RESEARCHER AWARD 2019-20 at BIMTECH for his over all research contribution at the institute. In 2018, he was awarded the EDUFI Fellowship by the Finnish National Agency for Education to visit the Business School, UEF, as a PhD Researcher.
• Interviewed and featured by Inkpothub Media, which is India’s first digital platform for popularizing and communicating scientific research in business schools. Link: https://www.inkpothub.com/research-stories/the-doctoral-journey-builds-character-ft-dr-subhanjan-sengupta-bimtech/
• WINNER of Best Researcher Award 2019-20 at BIMTECH
• Among TOP 4 FINALISTS in Best Business Ethics Paper Category of the Social Issues in Management Division in Academy of Management Annual Meeting 2020.
• WINNER of Jagdish N. Sheth Best Thesis Award 2019 jointly awarded by Jagdish Sheth Foundation and BIMTECH
• Accepted: Sengupta, S., Sahay, A., & Hisrich,R. (2020). The Social-Market Convergence in a Renewable Energy Social Enterprise. Journal of Cleaner Production, 122516. [ABDC 'A' Rank Journal, Impact Factor: 7.246, CiteScore: 10.9]
• Published: Kapoor, R., Ghosh, P., Kumar, M., Sengupta, S., Gupta, A., Kumar, S. S., ... & Pant, D. (2020). Valorization of agricultural waste for biogas based circular economy in India: A Research Outlook. Bioresource Technology, 123036. [Impact Factor: 7.539, CiteScore: 12.8]
• Partner Meetings, Stakeholder Meetings, Field Work Visits, & Website Launch of the Indo-UK research project TRANSSITioN. Held from 20th January - 24th January 2020.
Launch of TRANSSITioN website: https://transsition.org
• Invited on October 04, 2019, as Keynote Speaker on “Role of Social Entrepreneurship in Alternative Politics” for the launch of Manav Rachna Center for Peace and Sustainability at Manav Rachna University.
• Kick-Off Meeting of Indo-UK research project TRANSSITioN held on 13th August 2019. Sponsored by STFC-GCRF, UK; led by University of Sheffield and STFC, with other UK partners, and 10 India partners, including BIMTECH.
• Published: Plutshack, V., Sengupta, S., Sahay, A., & Viñuales, J. E. (2019). New and renewable energy social enterprises accessing government support: Findings from India. Energy Policy, 132, 367-378. [ABDC 'A' Rank Journal, Impact Factor: 5.042, CiteScore: 8.7]
• Published: Subhanjan Sengupta, Arunaditya Sahay, & Margaret Osborne (2019) - Hebon Transforms Indian Jackfruit From Weed to Wonder Food. (Ivey Publishing ID: 9B19M006; Harvard Business Publishing ID: W19027-PDF-ENG)
• Awarded PhD in December 2018
• Invited to the Business School, University of Eastern Finland, Kuopio, in 2018, as an EDUFI Doctoral Fellow awarded by the Finnish National Agency for Education.