Welcome to the Stowe Soccer Club
REGISTRATION IS OPEN now through February 19th!
To meet Vermont Soccer Association’s spring league deadline, please ensure your child is registered no later than February 19th. We cannot guarantee we will be able to accept any late registrations. Stowe Soccer’s aim is to develop players’ skills and appreciation for the game of soccer all while having fun.
This year the spring season will start with Turf Time at Stowe Arena on Fridays included in your spring registration! Dates will be announced soon!
Stowe Soccer’s aim is to develop players’ skills and appreciation for the game of soccer all while having fun.
The spring season is a competitive program playing in the Vermont Soccer Association league. We play against competitive teams and travel up to 90 minutes to games for at least one game a week. This program is geared towards players looking to challenge themselves against other experienced players. The Vermont Soccer League age groups are based on birth year as shown below:
- U8 - 2012/2013
- U10 – 2010/2011
- U12 – 2008/2009
- Click the login under Families and Players and enter your user name and password.
- Players on your account will be shown. Next to the player picture it should say Stowe Soccer Club and below that a link to View Available Programs. Click that to get to the spring registration.
- Complete the registration form and submit.
- Make sure players have recent, clear photos as they will be printed on their players cards which the referees use to identify rostered players.
- If you forgot your login information you can use the account lookup feature.
- If your child plays for multiple clubs, and another club shows up listed next to a player you want to register for our program, in the row with Player Account or Family Account, click Clubs (not club directory). Then enter Vermont and Stowe. That will bring up Stowe Soccer Club. Click Select and then you’ll see Spring Registration, click Select. And Register Now will show up next to that player. Click that to register.
- Click create a login. You can create a family login in to access multiple players under one account.
- Once you have created your login you need to click to add player information. Click to create a new player and add their information.
- Upload a clear and recent picture. This is required for player passes. As requirement from the VSA, a head shot only, not full body.
- Then click Search for a Club. Enter in Vermont & Stowe and Stowe Soccer will pull up. Click Select and you’ll see our spring soccer program. Click Select to start registration.
- Upload a copy
- New players are required to show proof of age. Please email a birth certificate or passport to firstname.lastname@example.org while registering.
Please remember that the Stowe Soccer Club board members are 100% volunteer and the deadlines for Spring Soccer are set by the VSA and not the board. Please try as hard as you can to respect the deadlines and requirements for soccer.
Training Session Schedule
Practice times will be set by each coach. We try to have practices on Mondays and Wednesdays from 3:15-4:30, but due to coach availability may be at other times. Games are scheduled on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Practices and home games are at the Polo Fields on West Hill Road.
Schedules will be posted in late April on http://www.vermontsoccer.org/schedules/
Important Safety Notes
All players are required to wear cleats and shin guards and should bring a soccer ball and a water bottle to every training session and game. Players should have a small, healthy snack before the start of practice.
- Coaches are not responsible to ensure your child makes to it to practice. Please ensure they have adult supervision until practice begins.
- The Polo fields have no shelter. Vermont weather is often unpredictable, appropriate clothing should be worn to all practices and if thunderstorms are threatening, parents should be standing by or have an adult ready to immediately retrieve their children.
- Vermont Soccer League rules do not allow players to wear jewelry of any kind.
Your coaches will have team specific information and will be reaching out to registered players, as well as being available at training sessions.
No players will be allowed to play in an older age group. Rare exceptions will require a vote of the board.
The Polo fields have no shelter. Spring weather appropriate clothing should be worn and if thunderstorms are threatening, parents should be standing by to immediately retrieve their children.
Vermont Youth Soccer Association
The Stowe Soccer Club is a member of the Vermont Soccer Association (VSA). VSA provides liability insurance to cover all players, coaches and organizers from claims or lawsuits arising from the soccer program or related activities. Medical insurance is also provided for injuries or accidents sustained by participants. The liability and medical insurance benefits provide excess secondary coverage to any primary coverage. In the absence of any primary coverage the VSA insurance coverage will provide primary benefits. As with any insurance there are certain limitations and exclusions, but the coverage is well worth the premium VSA charges the club.