Welcome to the Stowe Soccer Club
2019 Fall Season has Started
Registration is Closed.
Stowe Soccer’s aim is to develop players’ skills and appreciation for the game of soccer all while having fun.
The fall program is recreational run by volunteer parent-coaches. We play other recreational teams within Lamoille County and it is intended to meet the needs of players at all levels where they can play together. The fall program includes grades K-5 and runs from September through October. Kids are broken into teams by age group:
Girls grades 3/4, boys grades 3/4, 5th grade girls and 5th grade boys
- Practice twice a week at the Polo Fields and play games against other teams in Lamoille county on Saturdays. Practice times will be set by each coach, but we try to hold practices Mondays and Wednesdays from 3:30-4:45. Our first training session will be Wednesday Sept 4th unless otherwise communicated by your child’s coach. We expect to have our first games Saturday September 7th, so please register as soon as possible so we can ensure players have their game shirt in time for the first game.
First and Second Graders
- Practice Wednesdays from 3:15-4:15 and Saturdays at 9:00 at the SES fields with some games on Saturdays later in the season. The first training session will be Saturday September 7th at the SES fields at 9:00.
- Training sessions on Saturdays from 10:15-11:00 at the SES fields. No formal games are played at this age group. The first training session will be September 7th at 10:15 and the last session will be October 12th.
- Please note that Kindergarten soccer is for any player entering kindergarten for the 2019-2020 school year.
Looking for Pre-K?
- Stowe Soccer starts at K... but if you're looking to get your preschooler on the field, our friends at Vermont United are offering a Saturday morning Pre-K program 9am at the SES fields for the 2019 Fall Season. Register through Stowe Rec to enroll your preschooler.
Stowe Soccer is 100% run by volunteers
We always need help with coaching, assisting coaches, and field maintenance.
Please note during registration you can indicate how you’d like to help. Or email us at email@example.com to ask how to get involved.
Important Safety Notes:
No players will be allowed to play in an older age group. Rare exceptions will require a vote of the board.
All players should wear cleats and shin guards and bring a soccer ball and a water bottle. Players should have a small, healthy snack before the start of practice.
Players in grades 3-5 knee to wear cleats and shin guards to all games.
Coaches are not responsible to ensure your child makes to it to practice, whether that is the walk from SES or to the Polo Fields. Please ensure they have adult supervision until training sessions begin.
The Polo fields have no shelter. Vermont weather is often unpredictable, appropriate clothing should be worn to all practices and if thunderstorms are threatening, parents should be standing by to immediately retrieve their children.
All registration is done though http://preview.gotsoccer.com/
If you have reviewed the PDF and website and have questions that are not covered, you can reach out to Julie Rapoport, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vermont Youth Soccer Association
The Stowe Soccer Club is a member of the Vermont Soccer Association (VSA). VSA provides liability insurance to cover all players, coaches and organizers from claims or lawsuits arising from the soccer program or related activities. Medical insurance is also provided for injuries or accidents sustained by participants. The liability and medical insurance benefits provide excess secondary coverage to any primary coverage. In the absence of any primary coverage the VSA insurance coverage will provide primary benefits. As with any insurance there are certain limitations and exclusions, but the coverage is well worth the premium VSA charges the club.