I am employed as economist at the Institut für Mittelstandsforschung (IfM) Bonn. I received my PhD (Dr. rer. pol.) at the Leibniz Universität Hannover and earned my diploma (Diplom Volkswirt) at the University of Regensburg.
My fields of research include different aspects of applied economics with special focus on entrepreneurship and labor economics.
Presentations & Media
My work was presented at high profile international conferences, such as the ASSA|AEA Annual Meeting, the Conference of the European Economic Association, the Conference of the European Association of Labour Economists, or the RENT conference.
Honors and Awards
- Journal of Industry, Competition & Trade: Lead article of volume 20 (2020)
- 8th annual Diana Project International Research Conference: Junior Scholar Paper Award - Finalist (with Rosemarie Kay and Olga Suprinovič, 2015)
- Evidence-based HRM: a Global Forum for Empirical Scholarship: Outstanding Paper Award (2014)
- IfM Bonn: Researcher
- Global Labor Organization (GLO): Fellow
- Eurasia Business and Economics Society (EBES): Member
- Reallabore-Netzwerk des BMWi: Affiliate
Service to the scientific community
- Peer-Review / Refereeing
Academy of Management Discoveries, Economics Bulletin, Empirical Economics, Evidence-based HRM, Human Relations, International Small Business Journal, Journal for Labour Market Research, Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Journal of Happiness Studies, Kredit und Kapital, Labour, Small Business Economics
- Editorial duties
IfM Working Paper Series (since 2014)
- Economics for Industrial Engineers
- Statistical Analysis with SHAZAM
- Statistical Analysis with STATA
- Tutorial: Empirical Economics