892 Portland Avenue Rochester, NY 14621 (585) 338-1764
Dedicated to serving the needs of the hungry.
- Over 300 families are provided more than 1100 meals every month in Rochester NY through the St. Andrew's food pantry.
- Every age, race and religion is serviced by the pantry. Single mothers and children make up the majority of those whose need we meet.
- We are part of a network of food pantries in Monroe County serving a specific section of the 14609 and 14621 zip codes.
How Can You Help?
An all volunteer staff spend between 2-4 hours week at the Food Cupboard. Volunteers are busy -
- Receiving food donations
- Organizing daily food allotments
- Interviewing clients
- Managing office work and client data
There are many other ways you can make a difference! See our volunteer page for more information and current needs
The Cupboard encourages direct food and packaged goods donations.
- Individuals can make food donations directly to the pantry.
- Businesses can become supporters through their food donations.
- Groups can run food drives and other activities.
To find out more how you can support the pantry see our food donations page.
Although state and federal grants are and important resource, the Cupboard relies on the donations of the people of Rochester. Your tax deductible donations go directly to
- Efficient bulk food purchases
- Operating expenses
- Utilities and rent
- Equipment costs and repairs
Food Banks, Food Pantries and Soup Kitchens... What's the difference?
From Pittsford to Gates, and Palmyra to Leroy, there are local food services that support the community. Food banks , soup kitchens and food pantries all play their part.
What's the difference in these services? St. Andrew's is a "food pantry" that ....(more)