St. Simons UMC
What is a parable?
A parable is a short story meant to help us learn an important lesson. Jesus talked this way so that people could understand His teaching.
A “sower” is someone who sows (or scatters) seeds. Jesus is the sower and is generous with the seeds. The seeds are meant to explain God and His Word, the Bible. When our heart is like the good soil, we can hear or read God’s word and it can take root and grow.
Hey friends! Since we are worshiping online and not able to see each other in person, let’s find a friend to spotlight each week!
This week’s friend, Molly Morrison, is the daughter of our new Director of Media & Communications, Allen Morrison!
· What is your full name? Molly MacRae Morrison
· What grade are you going into? 4th
· What is your favorite color? Grey
· What is your favorite food? Barbecue chicken pizza
· What is your favorite candy or ice cream flavor? Mint chocolate chip ice cream
· What do you want to be when you grow up? A chef
· What do you like to do for fun? Ride my bike
· If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be? Mexico
· What is you favorite Bible verse? John 3:16, “For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”
· What do you love most about yourself? “All my friends say that I am caring.”
Make your own face paint!
Use this easy recipe for face painting as an Independence Day craft with kids.
Have children don their paint shirts. Using red, white and blue face paint, paint freedom symbols on each child’s face. Use a separate paint brush for each color. You may want to paint flags, fireworks, smiley faces, crosses or stars.
Keep face paint away from children’s eyes, and tell children to keep their hands away from their painted faces until the paint is dry.
Make Your Own Face Paint:
1 cup solid vegetable shortening
1 cup cornstarch
Mix shortening and cornstarch until there are no lumps. If the mixture is too thick, add a few drops of water; if too thin, add 1/4 teaspoon of shortening at a time.
Divide mixture into three bowls. Use food coloring to make one bowl of red paint and one bowl of blue paint. The remaining bowl is your white paint. Paint can be refrigerated in a sealed plastic container for up to three days.
Have fun and take a picture!
Get up and sing!
Bible Memory Verses:
Cast all your anxiety (worries) on God because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7
I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans for a hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11 (new video with song in the "Get Up and Sing" section!)
Bible Memory already learned from Wednesday Night Waves:
Be strong and courageous! Do not be discouraged, do not be frightened, for the Lord your God goes with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Psalm 119:105
Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength. Mark 12:30
For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son so that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:16
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. Hebrews 13:8