Music Teachers Association
SSMTA is an educational non-profit organization of over 50 music teachers, founded in 1957. Many of our members teach in the south suburban Denver communities of Highlands Ranch, Centennial and Englewood.
We meet monthly for fellowship, support and professional growth. We provide opportunities for student performance and we advocate for music in our community. Our monthly programs feature a broad variety of topics presented by state and national experts in music education.
Find a Teacher
If you are looking for a great teacher in the south metro Denver area, the South Suburban Music Teachers Association is an excellent place to look! We have over 50 members serving the communities of Highlands Ranch, Centennial, Littleton, Englewood and Parker.
Our members are professional teachers specializing in piano, voice, organ, french horn, violin, woodwinds, theory, composition, and more.
To find a teacher, please contact Linda, our SSMTA Student Referral Chair, at 303-908-1694
Check out the Colorado State Music Teachers Association’s searchable database of members:
Active membership is available to any individual professionally engaged in a music activity
who is a member of Music Teachers National Association and Colorado State MTA.
Join or renew your membership at MTNA. Please select South Suburban MTA as your local association.
Ten Great Reasons to Join South Suburban MTA
- Learn with monthly teacher enrichment programs.
- Network with colleagues in your community.
- Challenge your students with our performance activities.
- Enjoy connecting with others through volunteerism.
- Perform at the teacher musicale in December.
- Reward an outstanding student with the Excellence in Music Student scholarship award.
- Advocate for music in your community.
- Find support and guidance in becoming a nationally certified teacher of music (NCTM).
- Participate in Colorado State Music Teachers Association (CSMTA) activities including the annual state conference in June, and state student activities such as sConcerto Competition, Rising Stars Festival and Student Theory Assessment.
- Enjoy many benefits at the national level at MTNA, including MTNA’s peer-reviewed publications (American Music Teacher and MTNA e-Journal), their annual national conference in March, group insurance, office supply discounts, educational grants, student competitions, and much more.
For more information, contact SSMTA at firstname.lastname@example.org