There is no official conference hotel. Travel and lodging resources for the area are provided below. The UMD campus can be reached on public transit from Washington, DC. The nearest hotel is on campus: The Hotel at the University of Maryland. More economical hotels are also available in College Park.
Useful Apps for Visiting UMD and Washington, DC
- CampusMaps - map of UMD campus for your smartphone
- Parkmobile - pay for parking using your mobile device in DC and on campus
- Lyft/Uber - request a taxi, private car, or rideshare from your mobile phone; trips between campus and central parts of Washington, DC usually cost around $25-$35.
- NPS National Mall - Official National Park Service app for the National Mall and Memorial Parks
Detailed Directions: Join us by public transit from Washington, DC!
- Take a metro train to the College Park station. Exit the station through the primary exit (don't take the tunnel). Take the Shuttle-UM bus 104 to campus. The shuttle is free. Get off at the last stop - Regents Drive Garage. The Edward St. John Learning & Teaching Center is a block south from the shuttle bus stop.
- To calculate the approximate travel time, use Google Maps for public transit from your location in DC to the College Park Metro Station, and then add about 20 minutes for the waiting, Shuttle-UM bus time, and one block walk. Due to construction projects in the summer, there may be alterations to these instructions, so please check back here prior to the conference for the most up-to-date instructions.