Sober as Shit
Sobriety and Support Group
What Do We Do?
The Sober as Shit Recovery community is not only a podcast, Facebook page, and Blog but also a recovery platform that helps bring together individuals from around the world seeking recovery from substance abuse and addictions..
Have you ever thought about stopping drinking, quitting doing drugs but found that you couldn't? Something in you just keeps or kept failing, but you couldn't reach out to people locally, you couldn't bear to go into that 12-step meeting, face people looking at you and judging you? I felt that, so when I got sober, online recovery was a must, here is a platform where I can connect with people, connect without leaving home, no matter what time of day I can talk, make videos, chat, and have a tribe at my fingertips to help me get through whatever situation good or bad that I'm going through.
There is no I in recovery, so we as a group keep each other accountable in a secret platform on Facebook. Some members of the private group have years of continuous sobriety, while other members are just beginning their journey, we are all striving for better quality of life without alcohol, drugs, and other addictions. Stopping using is the first part, of course, then we learn how to embrace a life without the use of outside substances. Eventually, we return to the point in our life, or better than we imagined all without the use of alcohol, addictions, or other drugs. This is not an overnight process, that’s why we call it a journey-yet once achieved, it is the most liberating and amazing feeling in the world. We invite you to join us on the path to wellness and sobriety, join us in online meetings, retreats, meet-ups, and chats, get uncomfortable.
How Do You Know If You Have a Problem?
Have you ever tried not to drink or use and did so anyways? Have you ever taken a quiz to see if you drink too much? Have you searched out websites to help you stop drinking or using?
Let’s look at the results. If you answered any of these questions as yes, or if you didn’t want to answer these questions truthfully you may have a problem, but only you truly know the answer, but if you’re thinking about it here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Alcohol is shit… It’s poison and it ruins your life
- Drugs are shit...they’re poison and ruin your life
- Addictions are shit...they’re poison and they ruin your life
- This cannot be done alone and you will get to meet super fun people along the way
- Laughter will happen
- A new life is not located in your comfort zone; you need to feel uncomfortable to achieve it
- Don’t forget alcoholism and addiction lies to us, wants us to use, to die. Don’t fall for it
- A terrible bottom is not necessary to quit drinking. Many members are high functioning members of society who made a decision to quit drinking before they suffered consequences
- There is no sugar coating here; quitting drinking and using is not easy. However, it doesn’t have to be brutal; it can actually be quite enjoyable with the right support and resources, and most importantly it doesn’t have to be done alone
- This is YOUR time; a chance to change and improve your life- YOU ARE WORTH IT
Click the link to catch up, stay up to date, and read the Sober as Shit Blog
Some of my featured articles that you won't want to miss are: