25th International Colloquium on Structural Information and Communication Complexity
June 18-21, 2018 • Ma'ale HaHamisha, Israel
- 12/5/18 - Registration in now open
- Sirocco 2018 second movie is out
- Deadline extended to April 3, 2018 (including Abstracts)
- 7/3/2018 - Keynote speaker are announced (see bellow)
- 2/2/2018 - Sirocco 2018 first movie is out
- 17/1/2018 - Scirocco 2018 official poster is out
- 8/1/2018 - CFP is out
- 10/12/2017 - Website is open
Abstract Registration: March 23, 2018 Full Paper submission: (Extended, including abstracts ) April 3, 2018 (submission via easychair) Acceptance notification: May 4, 2018
- Proceedings version:
May 8, 2018To be announced soon
- Early registration deadline: May 20, 2018. Registration is now open
- Conference: 18-21 June 2018
SIROCCO is devoted to the study of the interplay between structural knowledge, communication, and computing in decentralized systems of multiple communicating entities. Special emphasis is given to innovative approaches leading to better understanding of the relationship between computing and communication.
SIROCCO has a tradition of interesting and productive scientific meetings in a relaxed and pleasant atmosphere, attracting leading researchers in a variety of fields in which communication and knowledge play a significant role.
The year 2018 marks the 25th year of SIROCCO. SIROCCO’s quarter-century of innovation will be celebrated with six invited speakers who will give a panoramic view of the research landscape relevant to SIROCCO.
Original papers are solicited from all areas of study of local structural knowledge and global communication and computational complexities. Among the typical areas are distributed computing, communication networks, game theory, parallel computing, social networks, mobile computing (including autonomous robots), peer to peer systems, and communication complexity. Keeping with the tradition of SIROCCO, new areas are always welcome.
The post-proceedings of SIROCCO 2018 will be published by Springer in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science series (LNCS) after the conference. We will also prepare an informal pre-proceedings volume with author-prepared versions of the papers that will be made available online.
Selected papers from SIROCCO 2018 will be invited to a special issue of the Theoretical Computer Science journal.
BEST PAPER AWARD
The authors of the best paper will be awarded a prize, sponsored by Springer.
Detailed instructions will be made available in the call for papers.
This year, SIROCCO will be held in Kibbutz Ma’ale HaHamisha, a picturesque kibbutz near Jerusalem, Israel. More information is available in the local information page.
Registration will include accommodation and meals in addition to the technical program of the conference. Details will be made available in the registration page.
Details will be made available in the conference program page.
Turing and Gödel discuss where to submit their next joint paper :-)
Trump and Hilary discuss the approaching deadline of Sirocco 2018 ;-)
- SIROCCO 2017 •Porquerolles, France
- SIROCCO 2016 • Helsinki, Finland
- SIROCCO 2015 • Montserrat, Spain
- SIROCCO 2014 • Takayama, Japan
- SIROCCO 2013 • Ischia, Italy
- SIROCCO 2012 • Reykjavik, Iceland
- SIROCCO 2011 • Gdansk, Poland
- SIROCCO 2010 • Şirince, Turkey
- SIROCCO 2009 • Piran, Slovenia
- SIROCCO 2008 • Villars-sur-Ollon, Switzerland
- SIROCCO 2007 • Castiglioncello, Italy
- SIROCCO 2006 • Chester, UK
- SIROCCO 2005 • Le Mont Saint-Michel, France
- SIROCCO 2004 • Smolenice Castle, Slovakia
- SIROCCO 2003 • Umeå, Sweden
- SIROCCO 2002 • Andros, Greece
- SIROCCO 2001 • Val de Nuria, Spain
- SIROCCO 2000 • Laquila, Italy
- SIROCCO 1999 • Lacanau-Océan, France
- SIROCCO 1998 • Amalfi, Italy
- SIROCCO 1997 • Ascona, Switzerland
- SIROCCO 1996 • Siena, Italy
- SIROCCO 1995 • Olympia, Greece
- SIROCCO 1994 • Ottawa, Canada
- SIROCCO main page
- SIROCCO proceedings on DBLP
- SIROCCO in Wikipedia
- SIROCCO Prize for Innovation in Distributed Computing in Wikipedia