2017 SIAM Pacific Northwest Regional Conference
1st Biennial Meeting of SIAM Pacific Northwest Section
Date: Friday October 27 - Sunday October 29, 2017
Oregon State University
Oregon State University will be hosting the 1st Biennial Meeting of SIAM Pacific Northwest Section (SIAMPNW). The conference consists of plenary talks, thematic and contributed sessions and a poster session.
The meeting will be co-located with the Pacific Northwest Numerical Analysis Seminar (PNWNAS).
Some travel support will be available.
Call for Proposals and Presentations
Proposals for thematic sessions and contributed presentations should be sent to the Organizing Committee.
We are pleased to announce the following four plenary speakers:
- Numerical Analysis
- Jeffrey Ovall, Portland State University
- Computational Modeling and Simulation
- Brian Wetton, University of British Columbia
- Applied Analysis and Fluids
- Solvers and High Performance Computing Techniques
- Inverse Problems, Optimization and Compressed Sensing
- Modeling and Analysis in Life Sciences
- Vrushali Bokil, Oregon State University
- Applied and Computational Algebra and Geometry
- Mary Flahive, Oregon State University
The conference will feature a reception and banquet. Times and dates will be announced soon.
- April 5: Call for proposals and presentations issued. Suggestions for sessions other than those listed below are accepted by the Organizing Committee.
- June 1: Deadline for additional session organizers.
- July 1: Website open for submissions of oral presentations and posters.
- July 1: Website open for travel support application.
- September 15: Registration site open.
- September 25: Submission deadline for oral presentations and posters.
- September 25: Travel support application deadline.
- October 2: Program is posted.
- October 13: Registration deadline.