Shepherd Hill Fields Renovation Campaign
In May 2019, the Dudley Charlton School Committee unanimously supported this campaign to raise private funds to renovate the Shepherd Hill Regional High School baseball and softball fields. This work benefits our entire community including over 1,150 students and athletes at Shepherd Hill and hundreds of local youth who attend summer and community youth sports programs.
Both the baseball and softball fields are original to the school which is 46 years old. They have been maintained to the greatest extent our budget and staffing levels will allow. Both fields are in need of drainage, repairs to grading, fencing, and scoreboards.
For the past several years:
- We have lost many opportunities to host home games for our community due to poor drainage which leaves the fields unplayable in April and most of May which is prime baseball and softball time.
- Unsafe conditions persist due to poor drainage.
- This past season, Varsity baseball was unable to host a home game until May 20, leaving about 10 days at the end of the season for home games. JV teams are negatively impacted by cancelled games.
- Busing costs increase because games are relocated to our competitors schools fields which are playable and safe.
- Increased logistical planning issues (more teams jockeying for practice time indoors), lost or compressed practice time.
- All teams lose outdoor practice time which puts them at a competitive disadvantage.
This fund raising effort is being undertaken by volunteers from the Shepherd Hill Booster Club. Please consider donating to this community effort. Your donations are tax deductible, we are a registered 501(c)(3) charity and will happily to provide documentation. We are extremely grateful for your consideration and potential contribution to this community endeavor. No donation is too small, or too large.
Sincerely, Shepherd Hill Fields Renovation Committee, part of the Shepherd Hill Booster Club.
Pictures of the current condition of the Shepherd Hill Baseball & Softball Fields are below.