SASTHRAPADHAM Programme (Alappuzha District)
Samagra Shiksha - Kerala - 2018-19
Venue: Sanatana DharmaCollege, Alappuzha
26/01/2019 to 28/01/2019
Creation of an investigative mind in students is an integral part to learn Science. Spirit of enquiry and scientific temper are the important components to achieve this goal. With this objective a 3 day residential camp – ‘Sastrapadam’- for Plus-One students (First Year Higher Secondary students) has been organized in all districts under the aegis of Kerala State Higher Secondary Board and Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) Kerala. In each district, 100 students (50 students/batch) will be selected to participate in this programme. S.D College is identified as one of the centres to conduct this programme in Alappuzha district from 26/01/2019 to 28/01/2019
· To enhance the scientific temper in students.
· To realize the importance of inquiry-based learning.
· To disseminate scientific education about the current issues of science and technology amongst the students and public.
· Popular science talks
· Familiarization of popular science experiments.
· Project presentation
· Interaction with scientists
· Nature study
· R&D visit
· Group discussion
Rules & Regulations
- Students need to register online to confirm their participation ( for registration Click here)
- Last date of registration : 24/01/2019
- Bring the filled (properly forwarded by the Head of the institution) biodata form (available in the 'download' tab in the site), one photograph (stamp size) and copy of the 10th mark list.
- Students (with their parents) should report at venue before 9 am on 26/01/2019 and must carry School ID card.
- The programme culminates on 28/01/2019 at 4 pm. Parents must report at venue at 3 pm to participate in the Valedictory ceremony.
- The group discussion is arranged on 27/01/2019 relating science advancements and its implications in society. Students are advised to bring a poster(in chart paper) on one biggest science advancement and its implications in society. Posters will be displayed at the venue.
- Our campus is plastic free zone. So usage of plastics are strictly prohibited. Non vegetarian foods are not allowed inside the Campus. Students should abide the rules and regulations of the College.
- Students should bring 2 bed sheets, water bottle, medicines, toiletries and other personal items.
- Mobile phones are not allowed during technical sessions. College is not responsible for loss of personal property.
- A brief abstract (not more than 500 words) of your presentation (relating to science advancements) need to be uploaded (in MS Word) during registration process.
- Students will be given hands-on training on science experiments (in Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology), based on their interest. During registration, students need to put the order of their choices related to science streams. Maximum 12-14 students are allowed in a particular discipline. If more than 12 students opt for the same stream, they will be ranked based on 10 th grade. Based on the experiments, students (groupwise) need to present a project after the lab session.
- The students will be aided by mentors. There will be one mentor for five students.
- Select students from the camp will take part in the next stage of programmes –camps or workshops in select universities or institutions such as IITs, IISER or the IISc.
For more details, please contact:
Rakesh Chandran S.B
District Coordinator- Sasthrapadham Programme
Assistant Professor of Physics,
S.D. College, Alappuzha