I am an economist with interest in energy, the environment, and social policy. I am currently a Faculty member in Economics at King Saud University and a Visiting Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of Reading.
Macroeconomics; environmental and energy economics; applied econometrics.
Interaction of alternative and conventional energy markets; pollution havens; fiscal policy behaviour and institutions; redistribution and economic inequality.
- NAJM, S. 2019. The Green Paradox and Budgetary Institutions. Energy Policy, 133, 110846. (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0301421519304240)
- Work in-progress: "LNG Trade Incentives" (with Ken'ichi Matsumoto)
- Work in-progress: "Behavioral aspects of inequality" (with Marina Della Giusta)
Selected Research activities
- Member of Scientific Committee, Royal Economic Society Symposium of Young Researchers, University of Sussex, March 2018
- Ph.D. seminar series organizer, Department of Economics, University of Reading, 2016-2017
- Conference presentations, including: ISEFI 2018-2016, Paris, France; 2nd HAEE Energy (2017), Athens, Greece
Prospective teaching - Autumn 2019
- Energy Economics
Current teaching - Spring 2019
- Econometrics (sessional lecturer)
- Introductory Microeconomics EC113 (co-lecturing)
- Empirical Methods for Economics and Social Science EC207 (sessional lecturer)
- Economics for Construction and Engineering EC103 (sessional lecturer)
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Macroeconomic Analysis
- 2014 - 2018: Ph.D. University of Reading, UK.
- 2011-2012: M.Sc. Economic, University of York, UK.
- March 2019- : Faculty member, Department of Economics, King Saud University
- April 2019- : Postdoctoral Visiting Fellow, Department of Economics, University of Reading
- Autumn 2018: Sessional tutor, Department of Economics, University of Reading
- 2017-2018: ASK advisor, Department of Economics, University of Reading
- Spring 2017: Sessional tutor, Department of Economics, University of Reading
- July 2013- August 2014: Economic Advisor, Embassy of Switzerland, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- November 2010 – July 2014: faculty member, Department of Economics, King Saud University