Sarah Grider Voter’s Pamphlet Statement 2018 Oregon General Election
Occupation: Special Education Assistant
Occupational Background: US Army Veteran, Public Safety Officer, Women’s Resource Center Assistant
Educational Background: AAS Criminal Justice, BA Communications, Conflict Resolution and Mediation, FEMA Incident Command, Certified in School to Employment Transition
Prior Government Experience: U.S Army, Newberg Citizens Rate Review Committee
Opportunity and Education: Every student should have the opportunity to reach their full potential. I will fight to establish Oregon as a national leader in proactive, inclusive education policy.
- Enforce systems of checks and balances for District Administrations
- Expanded career and technical programs in K-12
- Tuition free public colleges and universities
Guaranteed Healthcare: No Oregonian should go bankrupt because of their healthcare needs. I will fight special interests in Salem and ensure every Oregonian has the care they need when they need.
- Support measures to move towards single payer health care coverage with low/no copays
- Protect preventative care services and services for those with chronic health issues
- Secure access for behavioral and mental health resources for all ages
Environmental Protections: Family farms and our clean environment are critical to sustained economic development in Oregon. We must respect the land we live on, and promote an innovative green energy agenda.
- Promote enhanced protections for our rivers, forests, and wildlife
- Establish sustained revenue streams to promote renewable investments
- Support establishing common sense regulations on dangerous oil trains
We can achieve these goals through a proactive, practical approach to revenue policy and electing leaders who work in our communities and know what actually works. All Oregonians deserve leaders who show up and fight selflessly to improve others quality of life. I will be that leader in Salem.
Proudly supported by the following people and organizations who also fight for Oregonians like you.
U.S. Senator Jeff Merkley
Joelle Davis, President, Tualatin City Council
Sean Garland, President, Sherwood City Council
Oregon School Employees Association
American Federation of Teachers-Oregon
National Association of Social Workers