Structural Asymmetries in African Languages
- Abstract submission deadline: December 31, 2019 (23:59 CET)
- Notification of acceptance: January 31, 2020
- Workshop date: April 27-28, 2020
information will follow
- "Wissenschaftsetage" , on the 4th floor of the "Bildungsforum Potsdam"
- city center of Potsdam, address: Am Kanal 47, 14467 Potsdam
- room: 4-24a
- how to get there:
- it's a 10-15 minute walk from Potsdam main station (in German: Potsdam Hauptbahnhof)
- closest tram/bus stop: "Platz der Einheit/West" or "Platz der Einheit/Bildungsforum"
- website of the local public transport company (for Berlin and Brandenburg): VBB, enter "S Potsdam Hauptbahnhof" or "Platz der Einheit/West" or "Platz der Einheit/Bildungsforum" as your destination
- notes on public transport:
- You can buy tickets on busses and trams in Potsdam (there are ticket machines on board, you can pay cash or by card), but you need to buy a ticket in advance for the S-Bahn and the regional trains (called RB or RE) coming from Berlin (possible e.g. at Berlin main station)!
- Berlin and Potsdam are divided into fare zones. The price of your ticket depends on the number of zones you cross. If you only travel within Potsdam, a ticket for zones AB is sufficient (it's called "Potsdam AB"). If you are coming to Potsdam from Berlin, you can by a ticket "Berlin ABC" - Potsdam counts as part of the zone Berlin C. There are single tickets (valid for 1h within Potsdam and for 2h in Berlin) as well as daily tickets and 7-day tickets. Click on "Tickets and fares" on the VBB-page (see the link above) for ticket prices.
- If you take the S-Bahn or regional trains from Berlin, you can also buy the tickets via the "Deutsche Bahn" website (online purchase is possible). It takes between 25 and 40 minutes from Berlin main station to Potsdam main station (the S-Bahn is slower than the regional trains).
- map (venue, main station, closest bus/tram stops, intinerary from Potsdam main station to the venue)
- Getting to Potsdam: Potsdam is best reached by trains or the "S-Bahn" via Berlin main station.
- The venue is located in the city center of Potsdam within walking distance from the main station.
- if you stay in Berlin: Take the S-Bahn or a regional train (RB, RE) from Berlin main station/Zoologischer Garten/Charlottenburg to Potsdam main station (final destination of the regional trains: Brandenburg or Magdeburg, they stop at Potsdam main station). From Potsdam main station, you can walk to the venue or take a tram to "Platz der Einheit" (3 stops).
- if you stay in Potsdam: Check the VBB-page (local public transport) for connections to Potsdam main station or to the closer stops "Platz der Einheit/West" or "Platz der Einheit/Bildungsforum". If you stay in the city center, you can probably walk to the venue.
- for details: see the descriptions in the section "Venue" above.