Department of Mathematics
Wachman Hall, 1805 North Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19122
I am a research assistant professor at Temple University, hosted by Sam Taylor. Previously I was a postdoc at University of Bristol, hosted by Mark Hagen and at the Technion, hosted by Michah Sageev. I received PhD from University of Utah under the supervision of Mladen Bestvina. Before that, I completed undergraduate studies from IIT Bombay in Engineering Physics. My research is in geometric group theory. I am interested in outer automorphisms of free groups, mapping class groups and CAT(0) groups and cube complexes.
9. Orientable maps and polynomial invariants of free-by-cyclic groups. With Spencer Dowdall and Samuel Taylor. (pdf) 2022.
8. Appendix to Heirarchically hyperbolic groups and uniform exponential growth by Carolyn Abbott, Thomas Ng, Davide Spriano. With Harry Petyt. (pdf). 2020
7. Planar lattice subsets with minimal vertex boundary. With Ivan Levcovitz, Alex Margolis and Emily Stark. (arXiv). 2020. To appear in Electronic Journal of Combinatorics
6. Groups acting on CAT(0) cube complexes with uniform exponential growth. With Kasia Jankiewicz and Thomas Ng. (arXiv). 2020. To appear in Algebraic & Geometric Topology
5. Cannon-Thurston maps for CAT(0) groups with isolated flats. With Benjamin Beeker, Mathew Cordes, Giles Gardam and Emily Stark. (arXiv). 2018. To appear in Mathematische Annalen
0. PhD thesis - Relative currents and loxodromic elements in the relative free factor complex.
Current, Temple University
MATH 9064 Topics course in Geometry/Topology, Spring 2022, Course Webpage
MATH 1041 Calculus I, Fall 2021
MATH 8062 Algebraic Topology, Spring 2021 Course Webpage
MATH 1041.016 Calculus I, Spring 2021
Past, University of Utah
I taught the following courses at the University of Utah. The course material can be found here.
MATH 2270, Linear Algebra, Summer 2016
MATH 2210, Calculus III, Fall 2015, Fall 2014, Spring 2014
MATH 1210, Calculus I, Fall 2013
MATH 1100, Business Calculus, Spring 2013
MATH 1060, Trigonometry, Fall 2012
MATH 1030, Introduction to Quantitative Analysis, Spring 2012
MATH 1090, Business Algebra, Fall 2011, Summer 2013
My art blog Rock, Paper, Scissors.
Some posters I drew for math conferences :
As an undergraduate, I worked with Professor Laurent Bartholdi, at Georg-August University of Gottingen for a summer. Under his guidance I developed some animations explaining what is a torus using POV-ray. Torus movies
In collaboration with Klaus-Peter Brenner and Laurent Bartholdi, I developed computed animated visualization of rotational symmetric structure of the Shona music of Zimbawe. Webpage
Thierry Coulbois's train track software on Sage. Github