WELCOME all researchers, academicians & students to the International Conference on QUANTUM & NONLINEAR OPTICS at Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa
AIM of the Conference
After decades of intense research on quantum information science worldwide physicists have successfully harnessed the peculiar properties of quantum world for quantum technology with the help of photonic technology, laser manipulations, nonlinear optical materials and metastructures. Quantum nonlinear optics, the marriage of quantum physics and intense light fields, enables the coexistence of quantum effects in strong fields, has opened up exciting new possibilities, such as miniaturizing quantum technology in integrated optical chips. This conference is intended to bring together leading experts and students in the fields to share their knowledge and innovations, discuss ideas and problems, leading to the advancement of quantum and nonlinear optical science and technology.
Call for Abstracts Opens March 1, 2017
Abstracts Submission Deadline September 1, 2017 extended to Sept 30, 2017 (go to SUBMISSION)
Notification of Abstracts Status October 15, 2017
Early-Bird Registration Deadline November 1, 2017 (go to REGISTRATION)
Conference dates Feb 2-5, 2018 (close to Chinese Lunar New Year: Feb 16, 2017 & time to get away from Winder in the North)
Please register, submit abstracts of your talk/poster and book your flight & accommodation early & on time for best deals.
To provide a gathering platform for international scientists, researchers and industries to discuss and share advances in quantum and photon science research.
To facilitate the development of quantum optical science and technologies that lead to innovation, help solve many problems and improve quality of lives.
To introduce and share the cultural diversities and natural beauties of the hosting country (Malaysia) with the world.
Scope and Topics
Fundamentals, Technology and Applications of:
1. Quantum optics
2. Quantum information, communication & computation
3. Quantum coherence, entanglement & correlation
4. Quantum optomechanics
5. Quantum nanophotonics
6. Quantum metamaterials
7. Quantum plasmonics
8. Quantum photonics
9. Quantum coherent matter & ultracold quantum gases
10. Cavity quantum electrodynamics
11. Nonlinear spectroscopy and microscopy
12. Nonlinear optics: effects and processes
13. Nonlinear optical materials and devices
14. Nonlinear quantum electrodynamics
15. Nanophotonics, nanomaterials and nanotechnology
16. Fundamentals of laser-matter interactions
17. Intense and ultrafast laser science & technology
18. Optical fibers, sensors and metrology
BEST POSTERS AWARDS (sponsored by OSA)
These awards will go to the best posters presented at this conference. The judges will evaluate the posters according to the quality and originality of the research, innovation and presentation.
Waived registration fees & travel support for students (sponsored by OSA)
Students can apply by sending: a) CV with personal details and accomplishments b) research statement endorsed by supervisor c) one page abstract & poster.
Directions/Guides to Conference Venue
From Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) to Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa :
1. Take ERL/Airport shuttle bus to KL-Sentral, then take taxi to the hotel or KTM Komuter train and stop at Setia Jaya station, about 20mins walk to the hotel.
2. Take ERL/Airport shuttle bus to KL-Sentral, then take Putra Line LRT and stop at Kelana Jaya station, from Kelana Jaya station take taxi about 15mins to the hotel.
3. Take ERL, stop at Putrajaya station and take taxi, about 30mins to the hotel.
4. Take taxi directly from KLIA to the hotel, about 45mins.
From Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 (KLIA2) to Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa:
1. Take Airport shuttle bus to KL-Sentral, then take taxi to the hotel or KTM Komuter train and stop at Setia Jaya station, about 20mins walk to the hotel.
2. Take Airport shuttle bus to KL-Sentral, then take Putra Line LRT and stop at Kelana Jaya station, from Kelana Jaya station take taxi about 15mins to the hotel.
3. Take taxi directly from KLIA2 to the hotel, takes about 45mins.