WHERE FAMILIES AND CAREERS
- Maternity leave was a positive step for your career, giving you a chance to network, learn new skills, think about your goals and connect with career-minded moms like you.
- As a working mom, you had an amazing tribe of women who would keep you accountable for your goals and help you find solutions for career-life integration.
- As a dad in a dual-career household, you could connect with other dads trying to navigate life and career after having kids.
That's why Pros&Babes is here!
Pros&Babes connects career-minded moms and their partners before, during and after maternity leave. Click on the CTV image to watch a video about sessions for moms on mat leave.
Join us if you ...
- Are looking for like-minded, career-driven parents
- Would like to connect with a mentor to keep you accountable for your family and career goals as your children grow
- Want to be stimulated intellectually during a mat leave
Upcoming programs for moms on mat leave, working moms, and dads on parental leave
Pregnant? On mat leave in Edmonton or Winnipeg?
Join Connect, Learn, Grow for Professionals on Mat Leave - eight week program in
Participants sign up for two months and meet with their babies weekly. Moms discuss career and motherhood topics.
Working mom in Edmonton?
Our peer mentorship program connects professional moms at all stages of career and motherhood (kids of any age) with a peer mentor. All participants meet as a group every few weeks in the evening to discuss career and parenting challenges. As part of the program:
- You will develop a close relationship with another career-driven mom, who will become an accountability partner for your goals
- You will receive a toolkit to track your life, family and career goals
- You will join a "tribe" of career-driven moms who will act as a sounding board for your career and motherhood journey
- You will develop or enhance coaching/mentorship skills
- You will help shape the conversation about career-life integration in Edmonton.
Registration for the fall 2018 program is now closed and sold out. Sign up on our mailing list to be notified of the next intake.
"As a working mom, what I appreciate about Pros&Babes is the space it allows for real, honest conversations with other career-driven women about the challenges we face to balance desires of continued professional growth with motherhood. The workshops offer an opportunity to reflect on what inspires us about our careers, share techniques in balancing parenting and be held accountable for newly developed goals in our work and personal lives." - Johnna L., author, participant
Working dad? Or taking parental leave?
*NEW* Hops&Pops Edmonton
Pros&Babes is building a community of dads interested in/on parental leave, or who are part of a family with kids in which both spouses have demanding careers. Register to participate in the 2019 meetups.
Join the mailing list to be notified of future events.