WHERE FAMILIES AND CAREERS
how would you feel if maternity leave
was a positive step for your career?
As part of your registration, you will get:
- Participation in eight meetings/workshops starting February 2019, including a goal-setting workshop hosted by lululemon (along with lulu surprises)
- Weekly emails with curated content and optional reading materials to help you make the most of your mat leave experience
- A back-to-work plan, and a 1-1 coaching session with Charlene, life coach and workshop facilitator, to support you in developing that plan
- A special discount for Pros&Babes members who would like additional support from Charlene, available through characoaching.com
- Two books: “Back To Work After Baby” and "Work, Pause, Thrive"
- A journal for taking notes and the workshop components
- Access to the best mom tribe in Edmonton. There's nothing like the power of connecting with like-minded moms during the most transformative experience in your life!
- A drop-in pass to any 2019 mat leave session/ bring a friend session
- A discount off our brunch series to keep in touch with alumnae
- Free, bonus meetups for your cohort when the eight workshops end
- Access to a closed Facebook group for your cohort, and to the broader alumnae and friends group to keep the conversation and support going
This workshop series, along with books, Lulu workshop and goodies and 1-1 session is valued at more than $500!
Pros&Babes presents "Brunchin' mamas" in Edmonton
Whether you're an alumna of one of our mat leave or mentorship programs who'd like to stay connected with the Pros&Babes network, or you've heard of Pros&Babes and want to find out more about how we support career-minded moms, this is your chance!
Join us for a series of brunches in January, March, May and June 2019. We'll talk motherhood, career and the balancing act we perform while we aim to thrive as working mamas!
Working dad? Or taking parental leave?
Pros&Babes is building a community of dads interested in/on parental leave, or who are part of a family with kids in which both spouses have demanding careers. Register to participate in the 2019 meetups.
Join the mailing list to be notified of future events.
Pros&Babes connects career-minded moms and their partners before, during and after maternity leave. Click on the CTV image to watch a video about sessions for moms on mat leave.
Join us if you ...
- Are looking for like-minded, career-driven parents
- Would like to connect with a mentor to keep you accountable for your family and career goals as your children grow
- Want to be stimulated intellectually during a mat leave
Upcoming programs for moms on mat leave, working moms, and dads on parental leave
Pregnant? On mat leave in Edmonton or Winnipeg?
Join Connect, Learn, Grow for Professionals on Mat Leave - eight week program in
Participants sign up for two months and meet with their babies weekly. Moms discuss career and motherhood topics.
Working mom in Edmonton?
Our peer mentorship program connects professional moms at all stages of career and motherhood (kids of any age) with a peer mentor. All participants meet as a group every few weeks in the evening to discuss career and parenting challenges. As part of the program:
- You will develop a close relationship with another career-driven mom, who will become an accountability partner for your goals
- You will receive a toolkit to track your life, family and career goals
- You will join a "tribe" of career-driven moms who will act as a sounding board for your career and motherhood journey
- You will develop or enhance coaching/mentorship skills
- You will help shape the conversation about career-life integration in Edmonton.
Registration for the fall 2018 program is now closed and sold out. Sign up on our mailing list to be notified of the next intake.
"As a working mom, what I appreciate about Pros&Babes is the space it allows for real, honest conversations with other career-driven women about the challenges we face to balance desires of continued professional growth with motherhood. The workshops offer an opportunity to reflect on what inspires us about our careers, share techniques in balancing parenting and be held accountable for newly developed goals in our work and personal lives." - Johnna L., author, participant