MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
2018-2019 MeetingsMeetings are from 7:00pm – 8:00 pm
Free and Open to the Public - Childcare Provided!
Meetings at Ocean County Library, 88 Beaver Dam Rd
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Wednesday, January 30th
Bring your kids to a free yoga class; try some essential oils;
enjoy a music therapy activity and other activities
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Monday, February 25th
Preparing for Emergency Caregivers
Presenter: Dr. Patricia Sciscione, PhD
Associate Professor of Nursing at Monmouth University
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Monday, March 25th
Robert LaRue, PhD, BCBA-D
Director of Behavioral Research Services,
Douglass Developmental Disabilities Center at Rutgers
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Monday, May 6th
Recognition Of A Special Friend To Our Students
- Wrap-up of 2018-2019 - Elections for 2019-2020
Meetings are Free and Open to the Public - Childcare Provided!~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
WHAT HAVE WE ACCOMPLISHED?
In addition to providing input into the school district and parent support, the Pt. Pleasant SEPAC has provided numerous classes and workshops for the community.
- "Guardianship, Wills, Insurance and Taxes"
- "Workforce Development and Transition Services"
- "Challenging Behaviors and Functional Assessments"
- "Anger Management, Anxiety and Phobias for Special Needs"
- "IEP Modifications and Accommodations Q & A"
- "Creative Movement and Dance Therapy"
- "The Positive Power of Humor in Parenting"
- "Extracurricular Opportunities in Monmouth and Ocean County"
- "Financial Steps for Caregivers of Special Needs Children"
- "Preparing For the IEP Meeting"
- "Benefits of Myofunctional Therapy"
- "Transportation Provider Appreciation Event"
- "Life After High School - What Are the Options?"
- "Challenger Coach Recognition Event"
- "Paraprofessional Appreciation Event"
- "Supporting Your Child's Social Skills Through Music and Play"
- "Meet Your Administrators"
- "Social and Behavioral Support For Teenagers"
- "Paperwork For Families of Special Needs Kids - Get Organized!"
- "Teacher Appreciation Event"
Who Should AttendSEPAC Meetings?
• Anyone with a child or student in the PPB school district with different learning needs; be they physical, emotional, or behavioral.
• Anyone with a child or student eligible for or receiving services under an IEP or 504 plan.
What are our objectives?
• To promote a network of parents of children with special needs and provide a forum to share information and discuss matters of concern and interest for children with special needs;
• To provide direct input on the policies, programs, and practices that impact services and supports for children with disabilities and their families;
• To increase the involvement of families of children with special needs in making recommendations on special education policy
New Jersey Administrative Code 6A:14-1.2(h) states that:
Each board of education shall ensure that a Special Education Parent Advisory Group is in place in the district to provide input to the district on issues concerning students with disabilities.
Just a reminder - parents, teachers, grandparents and friends are all welcome to attend these free meetings. Refreshments will also be served, and we want the evening to be enjoyable and worth your time. We value your feedback, and are here to help in any way we can.
MEET YOUR EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
President - Maureen Martino
Vice President: Mary Craig
Secretary - Regina McAllen
High School Rep - Christine Spada
Memorial Middle School Rep - Laura Burns
Ocean Road Rep - Katie Carroll
Nellie Bennett Rep - Sarah Cardillo Reichenbecher
Out Of District Rep - John McAllen