Point and Penpoll Regatta
13th, 14th & 15th July 2018
The regatta is 125 years old!
Join us on the Friday night for an evening of shanty singing from the Oggymen, crepes, magic (real Cornish magic, not the pretend stuff), games, Rum & Shrub and much more.
Click here for details
The villages of Point and Penpoll hold this exciting regatta every year on Point Quay.
Sample the best in home baking from the refreshment tent and watch the sailing boats racing so close to the quay you can almost reach out and touch the boats!
Children's races on the Green and a crabbing competition off the quay will entertain the children.
Please arrive via Point Road from the top of Carnon Downs bypass (not via the Tramway from Devoran). Parking is available on the bottom half of the Green and the roads above the Green.
Postcode: TR3 6NB. Click here for a map.
Get latest updates on Facebook @pointandpenpollregatta - click here
High water will be 5.4m at 19.14
Friday 13th July
- 6:00pm - 125th Regatta Celebration Party
Saturday 14th July
- 3:00 pm - Children's Races on Point Green
- 4:15 pm - Crabbing Competition on Point Quay (£1 entry fee) - click here for crabbing rules.
- 4:30 pm - Teas and refreshments available on Point Quay
- 5:45 pm - Sailing races start
Sunday 15th July
- 10:30 am Ecumenical Service on Point Quay - click here for details
- 5:30 pm Rowing & SUP Events
Saturday's Sailing Times
Competitors, you can find the sailing instructions here.
- 5:45 pm - Pico and Mirror dingys
- 5:50 pm - Laser Class
- 5:55 pm - St Mawes One Design
- 6:00 pm - Handicap Dinghies
- 6:05 pm - Shrimpers
- 6:10 pm - Asymmetric Dinghies
- 6:15 pm - Handicap Yachts
- 6:20 pm - Sunbeam Class, Gaffers & Ajax
- 6:25 pm - Working Boats 25ft & over
- 6:30 pm - Working boats under 25ft
Sunday 15th July Rowing & SUP from 5:30pm
Hot refreshments provided by the Point Quay Association will be on sale. If possible, the following events will be arranged:
- Stand Up Paddle Boarding events
- Rowing & Running
- Village Gig Event
- Ladies Gigs
- Open Pair of Paddles
- Men’s Gigs
- Ladies Skiffs
- Under 16 Gigs
- Two Oars Race
- Mixed Crews Gigs (3 men & 3 ladies)
- Ran Dan
The Committee would like to thank Feock Parish Council and the Point Quay Association for permission to hold the events on the Green and the Quay.
The Committee wish to thank all Patrons and Friends who have helped in the organisation of this Regatta, the 125th Celebration Party, Children’s Sports and Rowing Events.
The Committee will not be held responsible for any accident, howsoever caused, to SPECTATORS or PARTICIPANTS at the Regatta or any associated events.
Parents/Guardians are held to be responsible for their children under the age of 16 for the duration of the Regatta.