Plainfield Elementary School PTSO
Parent Teacher Student Organization
- Winter Wonderland Store 12/18 & 12/19 - We need volunteers and sign up is now live! Please sign up on our Google Sheet.
- Amazon Smile - As you do your holiday and everyday shopping, instead of using Amazon.com, please use this link (you can use your regular Amazon account) in order for Amazon to donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the PTSO. Every little bit helps - please share the link with friends and family.
- Box Tops - Box Tops is phasing out the physical Box Tops clip and going mobile. Please download the new Box Tops app, select Plainfield as your school, and make sure to submit receipts within 14 days of purchase for us to receive the funds. If your package has a traditional Box Tops clip, please use a collection sheet and send to school by the next deadline, 1/27/20. Visit www.boxtops4education.com for more information.
- Email List - We are no longer sending PTSO-related emails through the main Plainfield email service. Sign up to be on the PTSO exclusive email list by emailing your name, child's name, and child's teacher to PlainfieldPTSO@gmail.com. This will also help us be more efficient and use less paper as we will not sending as many flyers home with students this year - keep checking the website and your email to stay informed!
We Need You!
The PTSO coordinates numerous events throughout the year including Fall Fest, book fairs, Winter Wonderland Store, and Family Movie Nights. Parent volunteers are vital to the success of the PTSO and we need your participation.
Your annual fee of $5.00 per student helps us fund the numerous programs and items we provide the school and students with throughout the year.
2019-2020 contact forms were mailed home the first week of August and due August 30. Please return ASAP so we can continue to funding items - including field trips - for all students at Plainfield.
It’s easy and fun to get involved with the PTSO and you don't need to make a never-ending commitment; even one day a year can make a difference!
Did you ever wonder how the bus was paid for when your kindergartner took their first field trip to the Morton Arboretum? Yup, that was the PTSO. We do that and more to enrich the lives of our students at Plainfield. The PTSO sponsors many programs and activities throughout the year including:
- Two Book Fairs
- Plainfield T-Shirts for all Kindergartners
- Student Birthday Books
- Family Social Events
- Field Trip Buses
- Winter Wonderland Store
- Teacher & Staff Appreciation Week
The $5.00 per child fee is used to help fund our many events and aid in our children’s education. We need your support; please consider being a part of the PTSO!