Local and Nonlocal Trends in Analysis and Geometry
University of Pittsburgh, October 11-13, 2019
This workshop aims to bring together mathematicians that are currently working on local and nonlocal differential equations and applications, particularly to geometry. In addition to established senior scientist, we plan for the participation of young researchers, including graduate students. The extremely fruitful interplay between geometry and analysis is as old as the two subjects, and in recent years nonlocal techniques have been developed that promise further applications in Geometric Analysis. It is our goal to bring together experts in these different fields, to foster the exchange of ideas and open problems.
- Rodrigo Bañuelos (Purdue)
- Christine Breiner (Fordham University)
- Fernando Charro (Wayne State)
- Jessica Lin (McGill)
- Quốc Hưng Nguyễn (Shanghai Tech)
- Tadele Mengesha (University of Tennessee)
- Cornelia Milhaila (Chicago)
- Robin Neumayer (IAS)
- Ovidiu Savin (Columbia)
- Russell Schwab (Michigan State University)
- Pablo Raul Stinga (Iowa State)
- Julio Rossi (Buenos Aires)
- Alexis Vasseur (Austin)
Juan Manfredi (Pitt)
Armin Schikorra (Pitt)
Yannick Sire (Johns Hopkins University).
There is limited support for young participants, please contact one of the organizers for details.
The Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT) is 20.5 miles away from the University of Pittsburgh (25-45 minutes driving time depending on the time of day). There are several options to get to campus from the airport.
- Yellow Cab (412-321-8100). The average taxi fare from the airport to campus is approximately $45.
- Express Shuttle Service (1-800-991-9890). A shuttle service between the airport and the downtown Pittsburgh and Oakland areas. The fare is $25 one way and $43 round trip.
- SuperShuttle (1-800-258-3826). Another shuttle service that serves the airport and the Oakland/Downtown area.
- Public Bus Transportation with Port Authority Transit 28X Airport Flyer. The trip cost is $2.75 one way. The bus runs every 30 minutes from the airport at gate #6, and the duration of the trip is typically 50 minutes. See the flyer for more details.
If you need to park on campus, you might want to park at the following garages:
- Soldiers and Sailors (SO): The rates are 0-1 hour $4; 1-2 hours $5; 2-4 hours $7; 4-6 hours $8; 6-8 hours $10; 8-10 hours $12; Over 10 hours $14.
- O'Hara (OH) : The rates are 0-1 hour $4; 1-2 hours $5; 2-4 hours $8; 4-6 hours $9; 6-8 hours $10; 8-10 hours $14; Over 10 hours $17.
- All garages are listed on this map.