Local and Nonlocal Trends in Analysis and Geometry
University of Pittsburgh, October 11-13, 2019
This workshop aims to bring together mathematicians that are currently working on local and nonlocal differential equations and applications, particularly to geometry. In addition to established senior scientist, we plan for the participation of young researchers, including graduate students. The extremely fruitful interplay between geometry and analysis is as old as the two subjects, and in recent years nonlocal techniques have been developed that promise further applications in Geometric Analysis. It is our goal to bring together experts in these different fields, to foster the exchange of ideas and open problems.
- Rodrigo Bañuelos (Purdue)
- Christine Breiner (Fordham University)
- Fernando Charro (Wayne State)
- Ali Hyder (Johns Hopkins)
- Jessica Lin (McGill)
- Tadele Mengesha (University of Tennessee)
- Giuseppe Mingione (Università di Parma)
- Robin Neumayer (IAS)
- Julio Rossi (Buenos Aires)
- Ovidiu Savin (Columbia)
- Henrik Schumacher (RWTH Aachen)
- Russell Schwab (Michigan State University)
- Pablo Raul Stinga (Iowa State)
- Bianca Stroffolini (University of Naples Federico II)
- Alexis Vasseur (Austin)
All talks, coffee breaks etc are in Thackeray Hall, University of Pittsburgh
Registration in Thackeray 705
Friday's talks are in Thackeray 106
Saturday's and Sunday's talk are in Thackeray 704
Coffee breaks are in Thackeray 705.
The Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT) is 20.5 miles away from the University of Pittsburgh (25-45 minutes driving time depending on the time of day). There are several options to get to campus from the airport.
- Yellow Cab (412-321-8100). The average taxi fare from the airport to campus is approximately $45.
- Express Shuttle Service (1-800-991-9890). A shuttle service between the airport and the downtown Pittsburgh and Oakland areas. The fare is $25 one way and $43 round trip.
- SuperShuttle (1-800-258-3826). Another shuttle service that serves the airport and the Oakland/Downtown area.
- Public Bus Transportation with Port Authority Transit 28X Airport Flyer. The trip cost is $2.75 one way. The bus runs every 30 minutes from the airport at gate #6, and the duration of the trip is typically 50 minutes. See the flyer for more details.
If you need to park on campus, you might want to park at the following garages:
- Soldiers and Sailors (SO): The rates are 0-1 hour $4; 1-2 hours $5; 2-4 hours $7; 4-6 hours $8; 6-8 hours $10; 8-10 hours $12; Over 10 hours $14.
- O'Hara (OH) : The rates are 0-1 hour $4; 1-2 hours $5; 2-4 hours $8; 4-6 hours $9; 6-8 hours $10; 8-10 hours $14; Over 10 hours $17.
- All garages are listed on this map.
- Hunan Bar: 239 Atwood St, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, https://goo.gl/maps/Kt4rkGv9PQSvegJJ8
- Sichuan Gourmet (Oakland), 328 Atwood St, Pittsburgh, PA 15213. https://goo.gl/maps/ZKAYsz2SGCnFqwbe8
- Tamarind Flavor of India, 257 N Craig St, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, https://goo.gl/maps/tvnMzfq6mLidr1zu5
- Emiliano's Mexican Restaurant and Bar, 4815 Centre Ave Suite 101, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, https://g.page/EmilianosShadyside?share
- The Porch at Schenley, 221 Schenley Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, https://goo.gl/maps/6F5vVGs2adB6yGRo6
- Legume, 208 N Craig St, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, https://goo.gl/maps/P1SgBpXd8HrXZt359
- Primanti Bros., 3803 Forbes Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, https://goo.gl/maps/oCjrr1fZKcC8Ywy97