Pittsburgh Balfolk Blast
October 12-14, 2018
Three days of Balfolk music and dancing. Balfolk is traditional dancing of Western Europe that has evolved into a contemporary form. Our event will focus on the music and dance of France especially. This will be a weekend of workshops, dances, jam sessions, and good times for dancers and musicians of all levels.
Featuring: Three Bands: Eloise, Reste a Nommer, and Pardon My French.
Dance Instruction by: Lisa and Fabien
Music workshops with the bands and Leslie Barr
Event Schedule: (for detailed schedule click here)
- Friday Evening: Contra Dance & Balfolk Party
- Saturday: Workshops in Balfolk Dance and Music
- Saturday Evening: Grand Bal- a Balfolk Dance with Everyone!
- Sunday : Workshops in Balfolk Dance and Music
- Sunday Afternoon: Farewell Dance for Everyone!
- Sunday Late Afternoon: Contra Dance for Everyone!