Welcome to the PERCoGS (Physics Education Research Consortium of Graduate Students) Homepage!
This website provides graduate students in physics education research and related fields to the information they need to be “in the know.” Here you can find PERCoGS Quarterly Newsletters, PER Graduate Student Social Media Channels, and many other resources for Professional Development, Networking, and more!
In This Issue...
A Tour of Research Methodologies, including:
- "Critical Theory Starting Points for Disability and Race" by Adrienne Traxler
- "Building Your Toolbox for Quantitative Educational Research Methods" by Rachel Henderson
- "Reflections on Learning to do 'Case-Oriented PER'" by Amy Robertson
- "Physics Education Research and Disability" by Erin Scanlon
- "Balance and Nuance: Teaching High School and Pursuing Grad School" by Marta Stoeckel
Upcoming PER Conferences
- AAPT Winter 2020 National Meeting
- January 18-21, 2020, Orlando, Florida
- National Association for Research in Science Teaching (NARST)
- March 15-18, 2020, Portland, Oregon
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- April 17-21, 2020, San Francisco, California
- Foundations and Frontiers of PER: Puget Sound
- June 18-21, 2020, Diablo, Washington
- AAPT Summer 2020 National Meeting
- July 18-22, 2020, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Physics Education Research Conference 20/20
- July 22-23, 2020, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- World Conference on Physics Education (WCPE)
- July 20-24, 2020, Hanoi, Vietnam
- SACNAS National Diversity in STEM Conference
- October 22-24, 2020, Long Beach, California
- AAPT Winter 2021 National Meeting
- January 9-13, 2021, Portland, Oregon
... and don't forget about meetings of your local AAPT Section!
Come see us at Summer 2019 AAPT!
PERCoGS will host several sessions/social events at the conference:
- PER Graduate Student Topical Discussion
- Professional Skills for Graduate Students Session: Mentoring Undergrads & Junior Grad Students
- Graduate Student Dinner
Read the PERCoGS bi-annual report