Welcome to the web home of Papri Dey
I completed my PhD in June 2017 under the supervision of Prof. Harish K. Pillai in the Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay. In my PhD thesis, I worked on Determinantal Representations of Multivariate Polynomials that is considered as one of the fundamental problems in Convex Algebraic Geometry. I worked as a guest scientist in Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences, Leipzig under the supervision of Prof. Bernd Sturmfels from October 2017 to January 2018, and as a visiting scientist in the R. C. Bose centre for Cryptology and Security, Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Kolkata under the supervision of the Padma Shri Prof. Bimal K. Roy during March - August, 2018.
At present, I am a Semester Postdoc Fellow at ICERM, Brown University, USA.
- Convex Algebraic Geometry : Monic Symmetric /Hermitian Determinantal Representations of Polynomials, Characterization of Spectrahedra, feasible sets of Semidefinite Programming, Semidefinite Representation of Convex Sets
- Optimization over Polynomials and its applications in Control Theory
- Positive Polynomials, Sum Of Squares Polynomials, Moment Matrices
- Geometry of Numbers
Publications and Preprints
- Papri Dey, and Harish K Pillai. A Complete Characterization of Determinantal Quadratic Polynomials, Linear Algebra and its Applications 543 pp. 106-124, 2018
- Papri Dey. Characterization of Determinantal Bivariate Polynomials, Preprint
- Papri Dey. Determinantal Multivariate Polynomials, Preprint
- Papri Dey, Paul Goerlach, and Nidhi Kaihnsa. Coordinate-wise Powers of Algebraic Varieties, Preprint
- Papri Dey, and Daniel Plaumann. Testing hyperbolicity of real polynomials, Preprint