Welcome to the web home of Papri Dey
I completed my PhD in June 2017 under the supervision of Prof. Harish K. Pillai in the Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay. In my PhD thesis, I worked on Determinantal Representations of Multivariate Polynomials that is considered as one of the fundamental problems in Convex Algebraic Geometry. I worked as a guest scientist in Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences, Leipzig under the supervision of Prof. Bernd Sturmfels from October 2017 to January 2018, and as a visiting scientist in the R. C. Bose centre for Cryptology and Security, Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Kolkata under the supervision of the Padma Shri Prof. Bimal K. Roy during March - August, 2018. I was a Semester Postdoc Fellow at ICERM, Brown University, USA during September - December 2018 worked under the supervision of Prof. Jonathan Hauenstein. I worked as a Microsoft Research Fellow (Simons-Berkeley Fellowship) in Simons Institute for the Theory of Computing, University of California Berkeley under the mentorship of Prof. Alistair Sinclair.
- Convex Algebraic Geometry : Monic Symmetric /Hermitian Determinantal Representations of Polynomials, Characterization of Spectrahedra, feasible sets of Semidefinite Programming, Semidefinite Representation of Convex Sets
- Nonlinear Algebra
- Optimization over Polynomials and its applications
- Positive Polynomials, Sum Of Squares Polynomials, Moment Matrices
- Geometry of Numbers
Publications and Preprints
- Papri Dey, and Harish K Pillai. A Complete Characterization of Determinantal Quadratic Polynomials, Linear Algebra and its Applications 543 pp. 106-124, 2018.
- Papri Dey. Definite Determinantal Representations of Multivariate Polynomials, accepted in Journal of Algebra and its Applications, 2019.
- Papri Dey. Definite Determinantal Representations via Orthostochastic Matrices, Preprint
- Papri Dey, Paul Goerlach, and Nidhi Kaihnsa. Coordinate-wise Powers of Algebraic Varieties, Preprint
- Papri Dey, and Daniel Plaumann. Testing hyperbolicity of real polynomials, Preprint
- Justin Chen, and Papri Dey. Computing symmetric determinantal representations, Preprint