MISSION STATEMENT : Diligence Reaps Rewards
Orautoha School is a decile 2 full primary, state school situated in the Orautoha Valley which is 16km North West of Raetihi. The School was opened on the 27th of January 1908 and was one of 6 schools in the area at that time. Today Orautoha School is the only School servicing the community in the Orautoha and Ruatiti Valleys. It is a sole-charge school and delivers the NZ curriculum to years 1-8 students.
The majority of students reside in Raetihi and Ohakune and are bused to school every morning.
In responding to the National Education Priorities the school places an emphasis on Literacy and Numeracy.
In doing this, there is an integration of Tikanga Maori through all learning and teaching programmes.