Our full-day, immersive ESL classes enable students to rapidly improve their English language skills and build connections for life in New York State and beyond!
Why study with us?
At Open Doors English, you can:
- Join a community of international friends
- Gain confidence in communicating in everyday situations (for shopping, medical appointments, educational activities, socializing, etc.)
- Increase your understanding of American culture, politics, and current events
- Learn communication/language skills for current and future jobs
- Pursue your American High School Equivalency Diploma
- Strengthen your English skills for applying to higher education (undergraduate and graduate degrees)
- Improve your grammar and pronunciation
- Connect to people, organizations, and events in the Ithaca area
- Have fun while learning!
A Unique Approach
Teachers at Open Doors English use a wide variety of methods in their teaching, especially those related to Communicative Language Teaching. Lessons are active and dynamic. We incorporate reading, writing, listening, speaking, pronunciation, vocabulary, and grammar from the beginner through the advanced level, with a focus on both accuracy and fluency. Students have the chance to receive feedback about their language production, and to practice using English every day through guided conversations, role plays, and field trips.
First Presbyterian Church, 3rd floor
315 North Cayuga Street, Ithaca, NY 14850