The encounter between video games and toys
Oniri Islands is the combination of two complementary universes that enrich each other to offer a new gaming experience! To play, Oniri Islands replaces the "controllers" with figurines that use the static electricity released by the body! Players move their miniatures and slide them on their tablet to solve riddles, puzzles and explore the world of Oniri. Thanks to a very simple clip system, players can customize their toys with 5 totem animal masks. Each one grants them magical powers: swimming in deep waters like a shark, flying into the sky like a falcon and much more!
An adventure to discover with friends or family
Oniri Islands is a cooperative adventure game to share together! The players play as two children, the twins Mina and Tim, lost on a mysterious island. To return home, the heroes must find their shadows in the world of Oniri using animal masks with magical powers. In Oniri Islands, cooperation is the driving force that keeps players moving forward throughout the game. From 6 years old, children and their families are invited to live a unique and friendly game experience!
A poetic universe for big and small
Inspired by Peter Pan's story of Lost Children, Oniri Islands presents a unique universe written by Sabrina Calvo, narrative designer and writer. The game immerses participants in a world full of magic and is enhanced by a sublime soundtrack for a total immersion. The first three chapters of the adventure are to be revealed in Winter 2018!
- Play a tablet game with toys!
- Beautiful toys crafted with care.
- 5 animal masks for your toys to wear!
- A collaborative game to share and enjoy together like a boardgame
- A poetic universe to explore together.
- A gorgeous minimalistic look, poetic and colorful.
- A wonderful soundtrack.
Contents of the game box
- 2 connected figurines Mina and Tim
- 5 masks to put on the 2 characters (Falcon, Shark, Caracal, Chameleon, Groundhog)
- A link to download the free application
Awards & Distinctions
- Nominated for the Lissignol scholarship of the city of Geneva, 2018
- Winner of the video and digital arts production grant from the cantonal fund for contemporary art, Geneva, 2017
- Winner of the Call for Interactive Media Projects by Pro Helvetia, Zurich, 2017
- Best in Play winner of the GDC (Game Developers Conference), San Francisco, 2017
- Nominated for the Magic IP Festival Video Game Competition, Monaco, 2017
- Nominated for the international competition of the Ludicious festival, Zurich, 2017
- Selected to take part in the Indie Arena Booth at Gamescom, Cologne, 2016
- Winner of the call for projects in design by Pro Helvetia (Ambassador of Culture in Switzerland), Geneva, 2014
- Adventure Islands: Tourmaline Studio talks new toys-to-life project, Oniri Islands - Toy news
- Oniri Islands - Children of the River, Review - Living Dice
- Tourmaline founders talk blending tangible and digital realms with Oniri Islands - Mojo Nation
- Oniri Islands: A-Toy-to-Live collaborative game for Families - Tech Age Kids
- Oniri Islands Preview - Gameosity
About Tourmaline Studio
Tourmaline is a Geneva based interactive studio crafting new kinds of games. Blending tangible and digital realms. The studio was co-founded by two women: Marion Bareil and Camille Attard.
Tourmaline has been awarded in Switzerland and abroad: Pro Helvetia, Genilem, Venture Kick, GDC Best in Play. The manufacture of the first toy boxes was successfully financed by a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter.
More information about Tourmaline Studio : www.tourmaline-studio.com
The Oniri Islands creative team
- Marion Bareil : Production, Creative Direction
- Camille Attard : Production, Game Design
- Mathieu Chesnais : Programming, VFX
- Sabrina Calvo : Narrative Design
- Delphine Fourneau : Concept Arts, 2D / 3D production
- Mathilde Kitteh : Storyboards, illustrations
- Violaine Briat : Preliminary arts concept, character designs (game and toys)
- Manon Flouret : Product Design
- Nassos Apollonatos : Production of Toy Design
- Léa Bareil : Sound Design
- Baptiste Portefaix : Music