Schedule: Offered continuously. Course materials are online, and students take courses at their pace, at the times of convenience (students are welcome to form classes). The instructors provide consultation, help understanding the content, answer questions, check assignments (as appropriate), etc.
Examination and grading: Negotiated with the student/advisor before starting the course. Typically a course is worth 6 credits.
Subjects which could be supervised and examined, and sample courses:
- Algorithms and complexity. MIT OCW courses: 1, 2, 3 (more advanced) IDEA instructions
- Network flows, discrete optimization. Wanted: courses with videos
- Mechanism design / network pricing. AGT@Stanford
- Probability and statistics (incl. Random processes). SC(!)@MIT.OCW
- Linear algebra. @MIT.OCW, @Khan (light)
More subjects/courses/instructors are sought! Please contact one of the current instructors if you might offer a subject and/or be a supervisor/tutor/coach/examiner in a course.