Old Yellow Meeting House

est. 1737

Added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1975

The stated purpose of the Friends of the Old Yellow Meeting House is to preserve and care for the Meeting House, Parsonage and Cemetery by respecting the historical character and rural setting of the property. We strive for authenticity of design, materials and workmanship and for appropriate use of this property, so that it may be respected, appreciated and enjoyed by future generations.

Welcome to Ye Old Yellow Meeting House

Dating back to the 1700s, Ye Olde Yellow Meeting House is an important piece of New Jersey History.

The church is no longer used for regular worship services, but is maintained by the Friends of Old Yellow Meeting House, a volunteer organization.

The grounds are open to the public during daylight hours. The Meeting House is open during events or by special arrangement. The Parsonage is privately occupied and not open to the public.

Announcements

Also, the Old Yellow Meeting House is part of NJ Scenic Byways. Follow This Link for a detailed map of the tour.

IN MEMORIAM

Sadly, long-time Friends Trustee Rev. Frederick Staton Bentley, Jr. and his wife Janet both passed away at the end of December due to COVID. Reverend Bentley, the last pastor of the Upper Freehold Baptist Church, was an invaluable source of historical church information and supporter of the Friends of the Old Yellow Meeting House for many years. Staton's calm presence and Janet's support of both her husband and our organization are missed by the Trustees and their many friends


More Info

Please see the article posted here for a for an overview of the Old Yellow Meeting House published in 2021.

Also, See Recently added Historic Photos Here

Old Yellow Meeting House, February 2022. (See more photos here)