Session Resource Page for:
Engage & Inspire: Flipped and Blended Learning
January 21, 2020 ♦ 7:00pm - 8:30pm ET
Moderators: Kevin Bower, Sharon Hall, and Darshell Silva
Session Description: Do you want to engage your students and have time in class to give extra support to those who need it? Then you need to use flipped and/or blended learning. In this session, we will simplify these instructional models and introduce a tool that will support both. Blendspace allows you to create interactive lessons that deliver instruction digitally while allowing flexibility for student pacing. Engage and Inspire your students with this free teaching resource. This session is appropriate for teachers at all technology levels.
As a result of this session teachers will:
- Understand the instructional case for flipped and blended learning and the differences between the two;
- Explore a tech tool that can deliver digital content; and
- Plan an authentic learning activity using flipped/blended learning.
Applicable ISTE Standards for Educators (2017)*: 1A; 1B; 5A; 5B; 6B
* The text of these standards is copyrighted. Please read the full text at the ISTE Standards page.
Archive Recording: OK2Ask archive recordings are made available within two weeks of the webinar air date. You can find the archive for this session and others that have been selected for long-term retention in the archive library on the TeachersFirst website. The easiest way to access the archive library is from the OK2Ask Archive Recordings Special Topics Page. Please note that the archive listings appear sorted by Most Recent First. Each year, we review the archived sessions. We may remove a session from the archive library for a number of reasons when a digital tool:
- has been retired
- is no longer free
- has been updated such that the session demonstrations no longer match the current interface
-- OR --
- there were significant webinar technical difficulties
- we may have refreshed the session and a newer version is available
Certificates: The certificates for this session were emailed 2/16/20 at 1:03 PM to registrants that actively participated in all required tasks throughout the session and completed the session evaluation survey within 1 week.