Session Resource Page for:
Digital Storytelling 101
September 24, 2019 ♦ 7:00pm - 8:30pm ET
Moderators: Ruth Okoye, Gretchen Sting and Stephanie Bass
Session Description: Digital Storytelling can begin very simply and become more extensive if you choose. Easy steps will bring success when you start your first digital storytelling project. Use digital storytelling as a formative, or summative assessment that includes 21st Century Skill practice. This strategy supports students as you engage them, enhances your instructional cycle, and extends your students’ knowledge as you connect to the real-world. This session is appropriate for teachers at all technology levels.
As a result of this session teachers will:
- Develop an understanding of the digital storytelling process;
- Understand how digital storytelling can be used in the classroom; and
- Learn about tools that can be used to implement digital storytelling.
Applicable ISTE Standards for Educators (2017)*: 1A; 1B; 5B; 6D; 7A
* The text of these standards is copyrighted. Please read the full text at the ISTE Standards page.
Archive Recording: OK2Ask archive recordings are made available within two weeks of the webinar air date. You can find the archive for this session and others that have been selected for long-term retention in the archive library on the TeachersFirst website. The easiest way to access the archive library is from the OK2Ask Archive Recordings Special Topics Page. Please note that the archive listings appear sorted by Most Recent First. Each year, we review the archived sessions. We may remove a session from the archive library for a number of reasons when a digital tool:
- has been retired
- is no longer free
- has been updated such that the session demonstrations no longer match the current interface
-- OR --
- there were significant webinar technical difficulties
- we may have refreshed the session and a newer version is available
Certificates: The certificates for this session were emailed 10/15/19 at 9:29 PM to registrants that actively participated in all required tasks throughout the session and completed the session evaluation survey within 1 week.