Session Resource Page for:
Engage & Inspire: BreakoutEDU Digital
April 9, 2019 ♦ 7:00pm - 8:30pm ET
Moderators: Stephanie Bass, Kevin Bower and Darshell Silva
Session Description: Breakout EDU Digital is the online version of the immersive learning games platform. It's exciting! It's fun! And, it's an effective learner-centered teaching strategy you will reach for again and again. Learn how to implement this instructional strategy in your classroom. Understand the many benefits of this approach such as developing problem-solving skills, fostering a growth mindset, encouraging collaboration and teamwork, and promoting access to content knowledge. This session is appropriate for teachers at all technology levels.
As a result of this session teachers will:
- Understand Breakout EDU Digital as a learner-centered instructional strategy;
- Explore a collection of Breakout EDU Digital examples to understand how to use the strategy in the classroom; and
- Plan for the use of Breakout EDU Digital in the classroom
Applicable ISTE Standards for Educators (2017)*: 1A; 1B; 2C; 5B; 6C
* The text of these standards is copyrighted. Please read the full text at the ISTE Standards page.
Archive Recording: OK2Ask archive recordings are made available within two weeks of the webinar air date. You can find the archive for this session and others that have been selected for long-term retention in the archive library on the TeachersFirst website. The easiest way to access the archive library is from the OK2Ask Archive Recordings Special Topics Page. Please note that the archive listings appear sorted by Most Recent First. Each year, we review the archived sessions. We may remove a session from the archive library for a number of reasons when a digital tool:
- has been retired
- is no longer free
- has been updated such that the session demonstrations no longer match the current interface
-- OR --
- there were significant webinar technical difficulties
- we may have refreshed the session and a newer version is available
Certificates: The certificates for this session were emailed 4/22/19 at 7:39 PM to registrants that actively participated in all required tasks throughout the session and completed the session evaluation survey within 1 week.