Session Resource Page for:
Game-Based Learning Basics
April 2, 2019 ♦ 7:00pm - 8:30pm ET
Moderators: Gretchen Sting, Ruth Okoye and Darshell Silva
Session Description: Come learn the basics of Game-Based Learning (GBL). We will explore tools that you can use to incorporate GBL into different content areas, talk about strategies to implement the games as well as discuss classroom management tips to use while your students are enjoying learning through games. Participants will leave with knowledge of how to choose a learning game for use in their setting. This session is appropriate for teachers at all technology levels.
As a result of this session teachers will:
- Review the meaning of Game-Based Learning;
- Explore tools used for Game-Based Learning; and
- Discuss classroom management strategies for implementing GBL.
Applicable ISTE Standards for Educators (2017)*: 1A; 1B; 5B; 6B; 7B
* The text of these standards is copyrighted. Please read the full text at the ISTE Standards page.
Archive Recording: OK2Ask archive recordings are made available within two weeks of the webinar air date. You can find the archive for this session and others that have been selected for long-term retention in the archive library on the TeachersFirst website. The easiest way to access the archive library is from the OK2Ask Archive Recordings Special Topics Page. Please note that the archive listings appear sorted by Most Recent First. Each year, we review the archived sessions. We may remove a session from the archive library for a number of reasons when a digital tool:
- has been retired
- is no longer free
- has been updated such that the session demonstrations no longer match the current interface
-- OR --
- there were significant webinar technical difficulties
- we may have refreshed the session and a newer version is available
Certificates: The certificates for this session were emailed 4/22/19 at 7:27 PM to registrants that actively participated in all required tasks throughout the session and completed the session evaluation survey within 1 week.