Session Resource Page for:
Classroom Collaboration with Google Tools
January 15, 2019 ♦ 7:00pm - 8:30pm ET
Moderators: Kevin Bower, Gretchen Sting and Stephanie Bass
Session Description: G Suite tools are changing today's classrooms. Using Docs, Slides, MyMaps, Forms, Draw, and more, students can collaborate on activities and deepen content knowledge. Discover simple yet powerful activities that promote student collaboration and increase student engagement across grade levels and content areas. Take away strategies you can share with colleagues and use to take your student's learning to the next level. This session is appropriate for teachers at all technology levels.
As a result of this session teachers will:
- Understand the components of a successful collaborative activity;
- Explore ideas for collaborative activities using G Suite tools; and
- Plan a collaborative project for your instructional setting.
Applicable ISTE Standards for Educators (2017)*: 1A; 1B; 3A; 4C; 5B
* The text of these standards is copyrighted. Please read the full text at the ISTE Standards page.
Archive Recording: OK2Ask archive recordings are made available within two weeks of the webinar air date. You can find the archive for this session and others that have been selected for long-term retention in the archive library on the TeachersFirst website. The easiest way to access the archive library is from the OK2Ask Archive Recordings Special Topics Page. Please note that the archive listings appear sorted by Most Recent First. Each year, we review the archived sessions. We may remove a session from the archive library for a number of reasons when a digital tool:
- has been retired
- is no longer free
- has been updated such that the session demonstrations no longer match the current interface
-- OR --
- there were significant webinar technical difficulties
- we may have refreshed the session and a newer version is available
Certificates: The certificates for this session were emailed 2/1/19 at 7:10 PM to registrants that actively participated in all required tasks throughout the session and completed the session evaluation survey within 1 week.