I am an only child and I was born in McAllen, TX My experience growing up in Mexican and American border cities heavily influenced my academic and professional interests first in social policy and health economics and, as I advanced in my academic training, in data and technology.
A theme in my research and interests has been the focus on the applicability of evidence from the fields in health economics, behavioral economics, health services research and public health to problems faced by health systems, local health departments and cities.
In my volunteer work I am on the board of Women in Data -NYC, an organization dedicated to level the playing-field for women in data driven careers. I am also the chair of the Data Strategy Committee at the Yale Alumni Nonprofit Alliance.
I've also volunteered as a mentor to high school students in New York to compete in NYC Big APP competition in 2015.
(Somewhat) Interesting Facts About Me
- I've lived in twelve cities in four different countries... and counting:
- México: Monterrey, Nuevo León and Reynosa, Tamaulipas
- USA: McAllen, TX; Durham, NC; New Haven, CT; Madison, WI; Washington, DC; New York, NY , Philadelphia, PA and Chicago, IL
- UK: London
- Spain: Barcelona
- I've been taking boxing lessons (bootcamp and personal training) for about three years.
- I am absolutely not good but think the sport is great.
- I have not had a car or a TV since 2008.
- I refuse to ever own either for the rest of my life.
This page was last updated August 2018