Saturday, December 7, 2019
Auburn Middle School at 4163 Riner Rd
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC TO SEE FUN STEM for all ages!
- Friday, 12/07 - 3:30PM Tournament Set-Up
- Saturday, 12/07 - 6:30AM Volunteer Check-In & Breakfast
- Saturday, 12/07 -6:30AM Judge/Referee Training
- Saturday, 12/07 - 7:00AM FTC Teams Check-In
- Saturday, 12/07 - 8:00-10:00AM Inspections & Judging
- Saturday, 12/07 - 10:30AM Opening Ceremony
- Saturday, 12/07 - 10:45AM Qualifications Matches
- Saturday, 12/07 - 12:00PM Lunch for Teams and Volunteers
- Saturday, 12/07 - 12:45PM Qualification Matches
- Saturday, 12/07 - 2:30PM Alliance Selections
- Saturday, 12/07 - 3:00PM Elimination & Finals
- Saturday, 12/07 - 5:30PM Awards and Closing Ceremony
See this year's challenge, Skystone, in a video! Teams are evaluated not only on robot performance, but their STEM outreach, control system, an engineering notebook, and a concept FIRST robotics calls Gracious Professionalism.
LODGING FOR TEAMS & VOLUNTEERS
Due to limited availabity this December weekend, these wonderful hotels have offerings for our FTC Teams and Volunteers.
TEAM FOOD OPTIONS
Concession sales of snacks and drinks will be provided. Coaches were sent a link to pre-order pizza. ___________________
Mention you are FTC to receive these special discounts at these eateries while visiting the area!
1. Whichwich - Christiansburg - Tika Patell - 540- 251-3449 or email@example.com $8.50 for a 7” (turkey, ham or chicken) sandwich, a bag of chips, and a cookie
2. Subway - Christiansburg -540-382-7512 Chips and cookie with any 6" sub for $7.50 or 12" sub for $8.50.
3. Macado's - Christiansburg - 540-381-8875 - Kaiser (ham, turkey, roast beef or chicken salad) roll with chips, pickle, and cookie for $8.75.
4. Dominos Pizza - Blacksburg (540-953-4600) & 2 Christiansburg (540-382-0808 & 540-585-4010) - Allison Shaw - Mix & Match Menu is a great deal and includes pizza, oven baked sandwiches, pastas, chicken and salads all for $5.99 each.
Volunteers are the key to inspiring today’s youth to become tomorrow’s innovators and technology leaders. This FTC Tournament needs 80 people to help in technical or non-technical ways. There is a volunteer role for you! Please directly contact Isabelle Marchand at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer your enthusiasm and support!
FOOD - Volunteers are well-fed during this FTC Tournament. Here is what we are serving and when. If you have any dietary restrictions, please let us know. Friday Dinner - _____________; Saturday Breakfast - coffee, tea, juices, milk with Continental breakfast; Saturday Lunch - _______________; Snacks and botttled water will be served throughout the day to keep volunteers energized!
UNIFORMS - Wear comfortable clothing and shoes. FIRST will supply volunteer shirts based on sign-up, tournament position and availabity. Please show your pride by wearing your business or organization shirt. Most importantly, please wear a hat...the crazier the bettter!