MY SAN JOSE SONG
MY SAN JOSE SONG Overview
WE RECEIVED 27 SUBMISSIONS!!!
One-minute musical works of all genres, inspired by San José and written by community members, will be curated by the San José Chamber Orchestra and performed by a variety of musical groups at San Jose City Hall as part of Make Music San José on June 21.
MY SAN JOSE SONG is presented by San José Chamber Orchestra as part of the Creative License Ambassador program of the City of San José Office of Cultural Affairs.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- City Hall Rotunda
- 1-2 pm and 3:30-6 pm
- 1 pm---grab a kazoo and play with us!
- until 2 pm, enjoy the SJCO string quartet and pianist Michael Touchi unveiling some of the new songs, along with some fun tunes you will probably recognize
- All day---help us write a composition! Your note added to our music paper will be turned into a crowd-sourced musical work by the fall. You and your friends can come hear it!
- 3:30 pm-5:30 --- lots of one minute songs! Performers include members of the SJ Chamber Orchestra, The Choral Project, guitarist Chris Shahin and vocalist Juanita Harris.
- 5 pm---pick up a copy of the choral part to the last song and sing with us at 5:50.
- 5:30 pm-FINALE- you know you want to be a part of it--------------------------------
- Do You Know the Way to San José? sung by legendary vocalist Juanita Harris
- Yes, I Know the Way to San José sung by Choral Cosmo's Keiko Kagawa (with dancers!)
- The fabulous Jackie Gage, singing her very special song, "A Secret Place", that was unveiled to great acclaim at last year's Jazzfest.
- Ending with San José composer Michael Touchi's WE ARE ONE- a perfect message of unity in diversity! Grab a bite to eat and head to Music in the Park!!!