Work in Progress
- Media Competition and News Diets (with Charles Angelucci and Julia Cagé)
- News Media Productivity (with Ali Hortaçsu, Matthew Gentzkow, and Jesse Shapiro)
- Promotion and Prices: Evidence from New Ads for Old Drugs (with Amanda Starc)
- Common Ownership and Competition in the Ready-to-Eat Cereal Industry (with Matthew Backus and Christopher Conlon)
- Ask Your Doctor? Direct-to-Consumer Advertising of Pharmaceuticals (with Amanda Starc). Forthcoming, The Review of Economic Studies.
- Pricing and Entry Incentives with Exclusive Contracts: Evidence from Smartphones. Under Review
- Ownership Concentration and Strategic Supply Reduction (with Ulrich Doraszelski, Katja Seim and Peichun Wang), Revise & Resubmit, American Economic Review
- Mixed Pricing in Online Marketplaces. (with Katja Seim), Quantitative Marketing and Economics, 14 (2), 2016, pp. 129-155.
- Do newspapers serve the state? Incumbent party influence on the US press, 1869-1928.. Journal of the European Economic Association, Vol 13 No 1 Feb 2015. (with Matthew Gentzkow, Jesse M Shapiro, Nathan Petek). Online Appendix
- Competition and Ideological Diversity: Historical Evidence from U.S. Newspapers, (with Matthew Gentzkow and Jesse M. Shapiro). American Economic Review, Oct 2014. Online Appendix
- The Effect of Newspaper Entry and Exit on Electoral Politics. (with Matthew Gentzkow and Jesse M. Shapiro). American Economic Review, Dec 2011. Online Appendix