류승탁 Ryu, Seung-Tak
Associate Professor, School of Electrical Engineering, KAIST
Senior Member, IEEE (2013 – Present)
- Ph. D. Electrical Engineering, KAIST, Korea. (Aug. 2004)
- M. S. Electrical Engineering, KAIST, Korea. (Feb. 1999)
- B. S. Electrical Engineering, Kyungpook National University, Korea. (Feb. 1997)
- CS (Circuits and Systems)
Major Research Area
- Analog and mixed-signal IC design with emphasis on data converters, including low-power A/D conversion techniques, high-speed data converter architectures and circuits, design techniques for error tolerant operations (error correction and calibration) and design methodology for synthesizable data converters.
Prof. Ryu received the B.S. degree in electrical engineering from Kyungpook National University, Korea, in 1997, and the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees from Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), Daejeon, Korea, in 1999 and 2004, respectively.
From 2001 to 2002, he was with University of California at San Diego, CA, USA, as a Visiting Researcher sponsored through the Brain Korea 21 (BK21) program. In 2004, he joined Samsung Electronics, Kiheung, Korea, where he was involved in mixed-signal IP design. From 2007 to 2009, he was with the Information and Communications University (ICU), Daejeon, Korea, as an Assistant Professor. He has been with the Department of Electrical Engineering, KAIST, Daejeon, Korea, since 2009, where he is currently an Associate Professor. His research interests include analog and mixed-signal IC design with an emphasis on data converters.
Prof. Ryu has been serving on the Technical Program Committees of the International Solid-State Circuits Conference (ISSCC) and the Asian Solid-State Circuits Conference (ASSCC). He has also served as a Guest Editor of the IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, and he is now serving as an Associate Editor of the IEEE Solid-State Circuits Letters.
Awards TEACHING & ACTIVITIES
- IDEC Teaching Award, IDEC (Sep. 2015)
- SK Hynix Patent Award (Mar. 2015)
- IDEC Excellent Activity Award (Sep. 2014)
- Teaching Award, Dept. of Electrical Engineering, KAIST (Aug. 2012)
- Best Teaching Award, School of Engineering, ICU (Dec. 2007)
- Associate Editor, IEIE Journal of Semiconductor Technology and Science, 2020 – Present
- TPC member, IEEE ESSCIRC, 2020 – Present
- TPC member, IEEE CICC, Data Converter Subcommittee, 2019 – Present
- Associate Editor, IEEE Solid-State Circuits Letters, 2018 – Present
- Guest Editor, IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, Special Issue on ASSCC 2017, 2018
- Guest Editor, IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, Special Issue on ISSCC 2017, 2017
- TPC member, IEEE ISOCC, Data Converter Subcommittee (Chair), 2017 – Present
- TPC member, IEEE ISSCC, Data Converter Subcommittee, 2013 – 2018
- TPC member, IEEE A-SSCC, Analog/Data Converter Subcommittees, 2011 – Present
- TPC member, RFIT 2012, 2012
- Organizing Committee member, IEEE MTT-S IRFPT, 2011
- TPC member, Triangle Symposium on Advanced ICT (TriSAI), 2011
- Award Committee, the Office of Patent Administration, 2014 – 2015
- Steering Committee member, IC Design Education Center (IDEC), 2012 – Present
- TPC member, Korea Semiconductor Conference, 2009 – Present