Current and recent projects:
- Serving as transportation facilitator for the Transportation and Climate Initiative, a collaborative effort of the transportation, environmental, and energy agencies of the 11 northeastern states and the District of Columbia.
- - Facilitate group meetings
- - Support the clean vehicles and fuels and freight working groups
- - Wrote TIGER II planning grant application
- - Undertake policy research
- - Serve as liaison to national groups
- Provided an analysis of transportation revenue projections by the 50 state departments of transportation for a national organization.
- Helped a medium-size MPO design a Smart Growth funding program.
- Assisted a state advocacy group in developing a transit funding proposal.
- Made a presentation – “A Programmatic Approach to Sustainable Transportation Funding in the United States” – at the May 2010 TRB Conference on Surface Transportation Finance.
- Conducted research and analysis for a national report on state economic stimulus transportation spending trends (see http://stimulus.smartgrowthamerica.org/798).
- Providing analytical and strategic support to state-level advocacy groups seeking to influence the distribution of economic stimulus funds for transportation in their states.
- Identifying federal and state funding opportunities for state-level smart growth, bike/ped, and transportation reform groups.
- Provided policy papers and legislative language to groups involved in federal transportation reauthorization on issues such as:
- - Adopting national “blueprint planning” standards
- - Accelerating project delivery through better planning
- - Planning for organization transformation in state DOTs
- - Improving public transportation and economic development opportunities in rural America
- Analyzing federal and state legislative proposals and drafting federal and state legislative language for various national and state clients.
- Reviewed project applications for a state smart growth funding program and provided recommendations to a state-level advocacy group.
- Drafting project lists and capital program proposals for advocacy groups in several states.
- Wrote a guidance document for state groups to enable them to evaluate their state DOT’s bridge program.
- Targeted Transportation Programs for Livable Communities: Lessons from Three Pennsylvania Programs (9.7.2011)
- A Programmatic Approach to Sustainable Transportation Funding in the United States (5.19.2010)
- Bringing Electric Vehicles to the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic States (2.23.12)
- Building Boondoggles? Is Governor Walker Spending Billions on Four Roads to Nowhere? (2011)
- Greasing the Wheels: The Crossroads of Campaign Money &Transportation Policy (11.2009)
- Integrated State and Local Government Policy Approaches to Transportation and Climate Change (9.9.2009)
Mark L. Stout Consulting, LLC., a Pennsylvania Limited Liability Company. All rights reserved.