Research Interests (Selection)
- Data science in industrial applications
- Predictive maintenance
- Time series forecasting
- Industry 4.0 / smart manufacturing
- Meta-learning for automatic model selection
- Simulation-based optimization for production planning and control
- Modeling and simulation of production and logistics systems
- Neural networks and artificial intelligence
Research Projects (Selection)
I have been responsible for the successful acquisition and management of different research projects. I published the achieved research results in journals as well as conference proceedings (see publications) and I presented the results on national and international conferences (see presentations). In addition to the selection below, I am supporting my colleagues in projects regarding Industry 4.0 and digitalization, modeling and simulation in production and logistics, shared resources in production networks as well as statistical fault detection.
- IPM - Individual predictive maintenance of rail vehicle motors, Expected funding by Wirtschaftsförderung Bremen (WFB), July 2018 - December 2019. Role: Proposal Coordinator, Project Manager.
- AdaptiveSBO - An adaptive simulation-based optimisation approach for the scheduling and control of dynamic manufacturing systems, Funded by German Research Foundation (DFG), April 2016 - March 2018. Role: Proposal Contributor, Project Manager, Project Team Coordinator.
- SFB 747 T3 - Development of a Method for the Quality Inspection of Micro Parts, Funded by German Research Foundation (DFG), January 2015 - December 2016. Role: Project Contributor.
- CyProS - Cyber Physical Production Systems – Enhancement of Productivity and Flexibility by Networking Intelligent Systems in the Factory, Funded by Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), September 2012 - September 2015. Role: Project Contributor.
- Forecasting_NLD_2 - Development and Evaluation of an Automatic Forecasting System for Customer Demands, Funded by German Research Foundation (DFG), January 2013 - June 2014. Role: Proposal Coordinator, Project Manager.
- Forecasting_NLD - Development and Evaluation of Forecasting Methods for Production Planning and Control by Considering Prediction Models of Nonlinear Dynamics, Funded by German Research Foundation (DFG), April 2011 - September 2012. Role: Project Manager.
- DAAD Travel Grant, German Academic Exchange Service, IEEE International Joint Conference on Neural Networks @ World Congress on Computational Intelligence, IEEE, July 24-29, 2016, Vancouver, BC, Canada. Role: Proposal Coordinator, Project Manager.
- ISF Travel Award, International Institute of Forecasters, 36th International Symposium on Forecasting, IIF, June 19-22, 2016, Santander, Spain. Role: Proposal Coordinator, Project Manager.