Bethlehem Central School District
Board of Education
Experienced - Dedicated - Uniquely Qualified
I am running for a seat on the Bethlehem Board of Education because I care about the future of education, creating a positive learning experience for our students and parents, supporting the staff in a job with changing expectations, and making sure that our community sees the value and benefit of their tax dollars.
- Elsmere PTA - President, Treasurer, classroom volunteer
- Bethlehem Central Community Foundation - Board Member, Treasurer, Chair of Classroom Innovations Grants Committee
- Community Foundation for the Greater Capital Region - Board Liaison
- Aloha Foundation - Trustee, Chair of Board Stewardship, Audit & Finance Committee, Personnel Committee
- Previous Employment
- Middle School/High School Math Teacher - Albany Academy for Girls
- High School Guidance Counselor - Berne-Knox-Westerlo
- College Admissions Officer - College of St. Rose
- Assistant Director - Aloha Camp for Girls
- Hundreds of hours volunteering and leading to improve Bethlehem's public schools
- Founder and Chair for BCCF Classroom Grants - $48,000 given back to the district over the last 5 years benefiting all of our schools
- Attended budget forums and board meetings throughout the past 8 years
- Able to commit the time necessary to prepare for meetings and attend events throughout the district
- Non-profit experience serving in the fiduciary role of a board member
- Understanding of board governance and the different roles of board members and administration
- Awareness of the different hats one wears as a parent, community member, and board member
- Background in developmental and educational psychology
- Experience working with kids as a teacher, school counselor, camp counselor, and tutor
- Committed to creating a quality educational experience for all of our students, supporting our staff, and holding the district accountable to the taxpayers of the community
My husband, Walt Klisiwecz, and I have lived in the district for 21 years. We are active members of the community and the proud parents of Michael (11th grade) and Peter (8th grade).
I can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support on May 16!