Glide is a service that lets you add information to a Google sheet, then quickly create an app from its contents, all without coding. Just pick one of your sheets and Glide assembles it into a polished app that you can customize, share with a link, and even publish to the app store.
Ready to Give it a Try? Check out these examples and follow these simple steps! And, here's a terrible video.
Example #1 - Get the Strategies That Work app
There are many more strategies that can accelerate student learning in one school year. Find out what those are via the TCEA TechNotes blog. The use of technology to accelerate learning is definitely something that TCEA supports. But we are also big believers in the use of the best instructional strategy for student learning.
Behind the Scenes
The Main Work Area
Quick Look at Item
That’s why we’ve offered this five-part blog series on research-proven ways to help students learn more, learn faster, and retain a greater depth of knowledge.
- Part 1 – The Research Behind the Selected Strategies and How Best to Implement Them
- Part 2 – Strategies 8 and 9: Micro-Teaching/Video Review of Lessons and Classroom Discussion
- Part 3 – Strategies 6 and 7: Conceptual Change Programs and Teacher Credibility
- Part 4 – Strategies 4 and 5: Response to Intervention and Jigsaw Method
- Part 5 – Even More Strategies
Be sure to read TCEA's Diana Benner's blog entry,
Example #2 - TechNotes Blog with Audio Interviews
Example #3 - Nancy Watson's Digital Citizenship app
Feeling Adventurous? Try Glide
1. Watch the video of Digital Citizenship advocate, Nancy Watson (@NancyWTech - ESC, Region 10).
2. Explore her Glide app that she created with Google Sheets.
3. Drop her a tweet @NancyWTech with #tcea hashtag to tell her what you think.
Example #4 - Efren Rodriguez' Equipment HowTo app
Step 1 - Setup Your Google Sheet
One point to remember is that you can have multiple sheets and reflect those as tabs in your Glide app.
As you can see below, at the bottom of my Google Sheet, I have two tabs. Both of those tabs appear in the Glide app.
Google Sheet Tabs:
Glide App Tabs:
- Save images you plan to use to Google Drive for easy sharing or Google Photos
- Plan to use CC friendly images? Rely on copyright-friendly image sharing sites
Find a Wakelet with Copyright-friendly Media below for your use:
If you want to plunge right in, you can! Click NEW APP to get started. Or, you can study the BASICS first.
For your convenience, please find it shown to the right.
Automatic Updates: A great thing about Glide is the two-way connection between the app and the Google sheet. The app automatically updates from your sheet, so you don’t need to do anything for it to work: it’s automatic. This means edits and changes to your Google Sheet update quickly and without the need to relaunch the app.