DR. MEHER WAN
Researcher and science educator
I studied about lasers, nonlinear optics and basics of quantum information theory in my masters course. Further, I obtained PhD from Physics Department, University of Allahabad, India. During my PhD, my focus was to enhance the heat transfer properties of fluids using nano-suspensions. Currently, I am Post Doctoral Fellow (Funded by institute) at Micro/Nano-Robotics and Fabrication Facility, Advanced Technology Development Centre, Indian Institute of Technology-Kharagpur (WB) India. At IIT-Kharagpur, I am associated with the a very interdisciplinary research group which is using micro/nano-fabrication in signle nanowire based devices, gas sensors, photonic sensors, metamaterials, optical fibers, 3D printing and tissue engineering. I was actively engaged in setting up the "Micro/Nano Robotics and Fabrication Facility" which is a state of art nano-fabrication facility with clean room environment.
I love to communicate science to students and common public by writing articles, giving workshops, and developing study materials. I have keen interest in experiments based on virtual reality environment. I authored one popular science book and several articles for different newspapers, magazines of national repute. I have interviewed several Nobel Laureates and distinguished scientists. I wrote scripts of science popularization programs for All India Radio and Vividh Bharti. I am associate member of Bollywood Screen Writers Association, India
- Meher Wan, R.R.Yadav, Devraj Singh, M Sridhar Panday, V.Rajendran, Polyaniline reinforced epoxy nanocomposites with improved mechanical and thermo-physical properties: a study with ultrasonic approach , Composites Part B: Engineering (Elsevier) 87 (2016) 40-46.
- Meher Wan, Rashmi Parashar, Neeraj Kumar, Raja R Yadav, Rajiv Prakash, Jane C. Ngila, Vyom Parashar Heat transfer biofluids: A novel approach towards weed management, Ecological Engineering 84 (2015) 492–495.
- Meher Wan, Anoop K. Srivastava, Punit Dhawan, R.R.Yadav, S.B.Sant, R. Kripal, High Dielectric Response of 2D - Polyaniline Nanoflakes Based Epoxy Nanocomposites, RSC Advances, 5 (2015) 48421-48425.
- Meher Wan, Raja Ram Yadav, Giridhar Mishra, Devraj Singh, Bipin Joshi, Temperature dependent heat transfer performance of multi-walled carbon nanotubes based aqueous nanofluids at very low particle loadings, Johnson Matthey Technology Review 59, (3)(2015) 199–206
- Kajal Dey, Divyanshu Bhatnagar, Avanish Srivastava, Meher Wan, Satyendra Singh, Raja R. Yadav, Bal C. Yadav, Deepa Melepurath, VO2 nanorods for efficient performance in thermal fluids and sensors, Nanoscale (RSC) 7 (2015) 6159-6172.
- Punit K. Dhawan, Meher Wan, S.K. Verma, D.K. Pandey, R.R. Yadav, Higher order elastic properties and ultrasonic attenuation in nano-engineered rough GaAs nanowires, Journal of Applied Physics (AIP), 117 (2015) 074307. (Impact Factor-2.18) 0021-8979
- J. Gangwar, A. K. Srivastava, S. K. Tripathi, Meher Wan, and R. R. Yadav, Remarkable enhancement in thermal conductivity of ethylene glycol-based nanofluids by amorphous and crystalline Al2O3 cnanoparticles, Applied Physics Letters (AIP) 105: 6 (2014) 063108. (Impact Factor-3.30) 0003-6951
- Meher Wan, R. R. Yadav, K. L. Yadav, S. B. Yadaw, Synthesis and temperature dependent thermal transfer properties of PANI nanofibers-water nanofluids , Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science (Elsevier) 41 (2012) 158–164.