Felipe Medina Aguayo
Researcher at the University of Reading, UKContact: Room 211, Department of Mathematics and StatisticsF<dot>J<dot>MedinaAguayo<at>reading.ac.uk
I am a Postdoctoral Research Assistant at the University of Reading working with Richard Everitt on understanding recombination through tractable statistical analysis of whole genome sequences.
My general research interests lie in Monte Carlo methods and Bayesian inference.
Publications and preprints
- Medina-Aguayo, F., Rudolf, D., Schweizer, N. Perturbation Bounds for Monte Carlo within Metropolis via Restricted Approximations.
- Everitt R.G., Culliford R., Medina-Aguayo F., Wilson D.J. Sequential Bayesian inference for mixture models and the coalescent using sequential Monte Carlo samplers with transformations.
- Medina-Aguayo, F. J., Lee, A., & Roberts, G. O. Stability of noisy Metropolis-Hastings. Statistics and Computing (2016) 26: 1187. See also Erratum file with the corrected version of Proposition 4.1.
- Medina-Aguayo, F.J. Stability and Examples of some Approximate MCMC Algorithms. PhD thesis, University of Warwick, January 2017.
- 9-12 Jul 2018. [Poster] SMBE 2018. Yokohama, Japan.
- 25-29 Jun 18. [Poster] ISBA 2018. U of Edinburgh, UK.
- 24 Jun 18. ABC in Edinburgh. U of Edinburgh, UK.
- 20 - 22 Jun 18. [Invited Talk] i-like workshop 2018. Newcastle Uni, UK.
- 26 - 28 Mar 18. [Poster] BayesComp 2018. Barcelona, Spain.
- 12 Mar 18. Modernising Medical Microbiology (MMM) Conference. U of Oxford, UK.
- 31 Jan 18. [Co-organiser] Afternoon Meeting on Bayesian Computation. U of Reading, UK.
- 22 Nov 17. RSS Emerging Applications Section launch. Royal Statistical Society, UK.
- 30 Aug - 1 Sep 17. SMC Workshop 2017. Uppsala, Sweden.
- 14 Mar 17. Modernising Medical Microbiology (MMM) Conference. U of Oxford, UK.
- 8 Feb 17. [Talk] DARC Seminar. U of Reading, UK.
- I have supervised Undergraduate students during their final year research projects.
- I have also (informally) supervised one MRes and one PhD student at the Department.
- Tutorials: Probability and R lab sessions.
- Co-organiser of the (almost) weekly Bayesian reading group at the University.
- Reviewer for Statistics and Computing and Electronic Journal of Statistics.