1. “Political Settlements and Structural Change: Why Growth Has Not Been Transformational in Ghana” (with R. D. Osei, C. Ackah and G. Domfe), 2017, in Pritchett, L., Sen, K., and Werker, E. (Eds), Deals and Development: The Political Dynamics of Growth Episodes, Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK.
Articles in international peer reviewed journals (Selected from 2014):
- “The Extent and Determinants of Tax Gap in the Informal Sector: Evidence from Ghana” (with E. Osei- Assibey), Journal of International Development (Wiley), 2018, 30(6): 992-1005
- “Gender bias in households’ educational expenditures: Does the stage of schooling matter?” (with A. M. Iddrisu, P. Quartey, and W. Ohemeng), World Development Perspectives (Elsevier), 2018, 12(1): 15-23
- “Technology Transfer and National Efficiency: does absorptive capacity matter?” (with B. Ouattara, and P. Quartey), African Development Review, (Wiley), 2018, 30(2): 162-174
- “Unmasking the contributing factors of entrepreneurial activities among men and women in Ghana” (P. Quartey, G. Owusu and A. M. Iddrisu), Journal of Economic Studies (Emerald), 2018, 45(1): 114-125.
- “Access to mobile phones and wellbeing of non-farm enterprise households: evidence from Ghana” (with A. M. Iddrisu), Technology in Society (Elsevier), 2018, 54(1), 1-9
- “Technology Transfer, adoption of technology and the efficiency of nations: Empirical evidence from sub Saharan Africa” Technological Forecasting and Social Change (Elsevier), 2018, 131(1):175-182
- “Comparison of Stochastic Frontier Approaches for Estimating National Efficiency: An Application to Sub-Saharan African countries” (with B. Ouattara), Journal of Economic Development, 2018, 43(3): 119-142
- “Cost Efficiency of Insurance Firms in Ghana” (with D. M. Otoo and A. Baah-Nuakoh), Managerial and Decision Economics (Wiley), 2018, 39(2): 213-225.
- “Corruption, Institutions and Capital Flight: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa” (with E. Osei- Assibey and K. Domfeh), Journal of Economic Studies, (Emerald), 2018, 45(1):59-76.
- “Analysis of School Enrollment in Ghana: A Sequential Approach” (with A. M. Iddrisu and P. Quartey), Review of Development Economics (Wiley), 2017, 21 (4): 1158- 1177.
- “Assessing the relationships between human capital, innovation and technology adoption: Evidence from sub -Saharan Africa” (with J. Amankwah-Amoah), Technological Forecasting and Social Change (Elsevier), 2018, 122 (1): 24- 33.
- “Paying for education among households in Ghana: Is there any role for household resources and contextual effects?” (with A. M. Iddrisu and P. Quartey), International Journal of Development Issues (Emerald), 2017, 16(2): 214-226.
- “Unmasking the factors behind income inequalities in Ghana” (with W. Ohemeng), International Journal of Social Economics (Emerald), 2017, 44(7): 884-899.
- “Access to financial services via Rural and Community Banks and poverty reduction in rural households in Ghana” (with P. Quartey and A. M. Iddrisu), Journal of African Development (AFEA),2017, 19(1):67-76
- “Sources of retirement income among formal sector workers in Ghana” (with P. Quartey and M. E. Kunawotor), African Journal of Economic and Management Studies (Emerald), 2016, 7(4):366-378.
- “Market Efficiency and Price Discovery in Cocoa Markets” (with W. Ohemeng and B. Sjo), Journal of African Business (Taylor and Francis), 2016, 17(2): 209-224.
- “Tax reforms and revenue mobilization in Ghana” (with W. Bekoe and S. Senahey), Journal of Economic Studies (Emerald), 2016, 43(4): 522-534.
- “What drives national efficiency in sub–Saharan Africa?” (with B. Ouattara), Economic Modelling (Elsevier), 2015, 44(1): 171-179.
- “Examining the determinants of efficiency using a latent class stochastic frontier model” (with P. Quartey), Cogent Economics and Finance (Taylor and Francis), 2015, 3:1124741.
- “Hedging Under Uncertainty: Price Risk Management for Cocoa Exporting Countries” (with W. Ohemeng and B. Sjo), African Review of Economics and Finance (UNISA), 2015, 7(2): 84-104.
- “TFP growth and its determinants: a model averaging approach” (with E. Moral-Benito and B. Ouattara), Empirical Economics (Springer), 2014, 47(1): 227-251.
- “Productivity Growth, Human Capital and Distance to Frontier in Sub-Saharan Africa” (with B. Ouattara), Journal of Economic Development, 2014, 39(4):27-48.
Peer Reviewed Working Papers:
- “Rural Financial Intermediation and Poverty Reduction: Evidence from Ghana” (P. Quartey and A.M. Iddrisu) 2017. Final Report for UGRF (8th Call) Grant, ORID, University of Ghana, Legon, Accra.
- “Unmasking the factors behind Socio- economic inequalities in Ghana” (with W. Ohemeng), 2017. UNDP Discussion Paper, Accra.
- “Qualitative Study on Innovation in Manufacturing Small and Medium –Sized enterprises (SMEs) in Ghana” (with J. Voeten, W. Baah- Boateng). 2017. Enabling Innovation and Productivity Growth in Low Income Countries (EIP-LIC/PO 5639).
- “Informality and the Tax Gap: A case of Non-Farm Enterprises in Ghana” (with E. Osei-Assibey), 2016. International Growth Centre (IGC) Working Paper, S-33206-GHA-1. London, UK.
- “Political settlements, the deals environment and economic growth: The case of Ghana” (with R. D. Osei, C. Ackah and G. Domfe), 2015. ESID Working Paper, No. 53. Manchester, UK: University of Manchester.